Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stealth attacks Question

Started by Ambush_Bug [1901238] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 336 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ambush_Bug [1901238]

I was wondering if anybody here knows about stealth attacks and can tell me how to stop them and if stealth attacks "Mask" a player's Identity!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

There's no real way to guarantee them to stop... the odds are largely in the favour of the attacker, there are company specials which can help reduce stealth.

View a full list of all specials here (ctrl-f stealth) torn.com/company-survey.php?step=showall

It's supposedly based on dexterity (having higher dex than your opponent increases chance to stealth and vice versa), although as mentioned... it is largely in the favour of the attacker it appears.

Best way to stop them is to just beat your opponent instead...

Yes stealth attacks 'mask' your identity, a stealth attack is when you see a person attacked by 'someone', the name is not revealed anywhere.
Daneel_Olivaw [1736842]

Having the option to stealth attack or not stealth attack another player is just part of the game.

If you feel like you're being attacked too much, then you're asking the wrong question...

Ask: Why am I getting attacked so much?

I travel a lot. You can't attack me when I'm on a plane.
My bazaar is only open when I travel so I don't sit around waiting on money to be available to muggers.
Those who've mugged me recently have noticed a trend in my wallet funds availability. It's dropped to an average of zero over the last month.

I don't chat in global unless I'm on a plane, or I'm broke having just spent or hidden my money.

Put some thought into it. Have you made some enemies, that like to hunt you often?
1875860 [1875860]

You can't really stop stealth attacks except by winning but there is an education course and a there is company special that helps reduce stealth attacks. Also, the life total, especially if someone has an odd life total due to merits, and the weapon(s) used often give clues to who may be attacking you.

Stats are delayed on the graph so if you get mugged you can use the 'money mugged' stat for that day and the day before to see if the amount fits in. There no surefire way to do it, but every bit of information helps.