Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Guides Website

Started by Accurate [1758158] on in Tutorials & Guides.

40 replies · 1.98k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
69 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Accurate [1758158]


www.BornFighting.net
_______________________________________________________________________________
NEW!
MY TORN FORUM GUIDE LIST

Level Holding VS Advancement
Company Comparison Guide
Titles, Ranks and Triggers
Being a Faction Member
Honors & Medals
Weekly Obtainable Energy
_______________________________________________________________________________
This website is designed to be a one-stop shop for Torn Guides. It is not yet complete, but there is plenty of content. Some of these guides are 100% mine, while others are edits of other Torn member's guides. Credit has been given where credit is due, right on each individual guide... and where applicable I will link to the original guides. Where guides are heavily edited by myself I will not, because there is a reason for the heavy editing such as with Knights crime guide as his has errors and was not a complete guide, etc.

Many more guides are planned. Please let me know if you find any errors in information.

Please feel free to share this link with your factions and new players. Torn has a lot to learn considering it's supposed to be a fun game. Let's help make it more fun by removing some of the tedious asking questions and giving answers. :)

Update: July 7, 2015: Leveling Guide major overhaul.
Update: June 25, 2015: Minor updates to Education & Gym guides, Medical 2.0 Guide added.
Update: June 10, 2015: Hank's Gym Guides removed, replaced with unique gym training guide.

Mentions: Being a Faction Member - A Simple Guide · Company Comparison Guide (Feb 20, 2018 Update) · Honors & Medals - A Simple Guide · Level Hold VS Advancement · Outdated - Links to Wiki · Weekly Energy - A Simple Guide

Accurate [1758158]

Planned Guides:

Companies | Donator | Points Building | Busting / Bailing | Scripts (legal only) | Attacking / Defending | Bazaar | Complete Travel Guide | Major update to Flower/Item Running | Education Focus Guides (Business, Fighter, Leveler, Trader) | Markets (points, auction, item) | Stores | Armor | Crime Chart | Reviving | Properties | Newspaper | Complete Items Guide | Company Handbooks | Factions For Leaders

In addition to the above I will eventually be putting together a very substantial Advanced Warring Guide. There is no ETA on any guides.

Anyone that would like to contribute by making guides can do so simply by posting a guide in the Tutorials and Guides forum. You might as well get your karma!

Completed Guides from the above list since posting: Racing, Medical
Dfliz [1539090]

This is pretty cool. But I have an advice you can just ignore it if you don't like it though. if you could change the colors of the words with the link to something darker (like blue) it would be better as you are using a white background. :)

Edit: after reading a while I found that you make use of other colors for other purposes. Didn't know that in my first comment :)
JohnMike [1932169]

thanks, it would help out those who've never used irc before. Like me. I heard its a nice place to make money
Hank [1732212]

R- I never gave my permission for my guides to be posted elsewhere, let alone edited.

Sure they are not copyrighted, and legally people can do what they want. But at least have the courtesy to ask permission!

Hank
Accurate [1758158]

No offense, but "let alone edited?" There are only so many ways to train and I used yours as an outline to cover what I already knew rather than retyping everything out. If you prefer, I can retype everything out in a different order and give you no credit - but I think that would be quite rude not to mention pointless when you've already laid it out.

Keep in mind this website was meant to be for a faction as a one-stop source of information. I'm sure many factions are already referencing your guides in their forums and may not even be giving you credit.

Someone helped you learn the game and I'm passing the information on to other players. This is not for my benefit, it is for other people. Isn't that why you posted the tutorial in the first place? Now if I didn't give you credit for your work, that would be a different story.
Hank [1732212]

I'm not sure how much information on your website is original and how much is copying information provided by others. I regularly update my guide and there is a major update coming to it soon. The problem I have is that by copying my information I no longer have any control over its contents, whether or not the version you have published is still accurate and correct at the time of viewing.

I removed my guides from all Calc faction forums because I didn't want different versions of my guide around the place, instead I created one place for it to be accessible to everyone in the tutorials and guides section of the forum.

All I'm saying is that if people want to copy my guide and post it somewhere else for whatever reason then that's there choice, but the information will quickly become outdated, and that is something I want no association with. Either link to my guide so people get the most up to date version or create your own.

Hank
1875860 [1875860]

This is a useful website, but I agree with Hank that copy-pasting isn't the way to go because you'll end up having 67 versions of the same guide. I'd prefer to see sites link to guides on the forums instead.

And if you do copy, give the owner credit and link to the origional post so players will always have access to the most up to date version.
BFM [1455642]

I don't see a point in this when all the guides are here in the forums and are updated here. What's the point in building a webpage to copy the information that is already in 1 spot in the forums on the actual game.
Satangel [60043]

It's better placed on 1 site, more complete and easier to find.



The hard thing is definitely gonna be to keep all of these uptodate.
Accurate [1758158]

This website has content that the tutorial section does not. Including information from the help section that is in a different location and people ask not to be posted bere. Also many guides here run much longer than they need too.

This site is bringing all information about Torn together in one spot and will continuously be updated. Keep in mind it is not complete.

Think of this as TC Basic except that it gets updated regularily.



And Hank, your gym guide is only posted temporarily. I intend to have only my own guides on the site, but I got it posted up to get all the basic answers to questions posted in one place for faction members. It was good enough for the time being.

As anyone who posts guides knows, it takes a long time to create guides. I want to cover as much content as possible as quickly as possible and that means borrowing information from others until I can get back and update myself.

If I was to copy a guide with no editing, I would also post the link in the tutorial. I may do this anyway to appease the forum gods.

This site was setup mostly for noobs, but also as an easy reference point for leaders. Example:

Noob: "What crimes should I do?"
Leader: "www.bornfighting.net/crimeguide.html"
Hank [1732212]

You are dreaming if you think if any half decent leader is going to direct his members to your factions website regardless of how good the website is or isn't.