Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

advertisement

Started by metalkarmak [1901801] on in General Discussion.

16 replies · 222 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

David [132845]

Probably a virus or something totally unrelated to Torn...

I use Ghostery, it tells me that the only 3rd-party stuff running is Google Analytics, and I have no ads whatsoever...

Bottom line, Torn is one of the cleanest website I ever used!
poptop [1355657]

It is not Torn. It is usually an self installed extension to your browser.

In Chrome, I do this:

1. Navigate to your extensions (Chrome Menu Button > Settings > Extensions)
2. Disable (uncheck) every extension that you have installed.
3. Now, one by one, re-enable each extension, checking each time you re-enable one extension to see if the issue still occurs with that particular extension.

Probably similar for most of them.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

It's adware... or a virus.

Torn doesn't have any ads, so it's your system.

Either get an antivirus, antispyware, or both...

If you want to live in denial forever that you have a clean PC, then get adblock plus for your browser, and be a rebel for life.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

Now am I just tripping on some drug I don't remember taking? Or is this not the second thread that this guy has made on this same topic? Hmmmmm Off to count my meds