Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Looking for suggestions

Started by Tolshortte [648554] on in Technology.

1 replies · 15 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
4 / 100
Historical score
6 / 100
Story score
17 / 100
Engagement score
27 / 100
Tolshortte [648554]

ill be buying a new PC in the coming months. I don't really need one but I want another decent desktop in the house. as I only dabble in building PCs I figured id ask those who may build them more frequently and have more knowledge than I do what their preference is.

currently I have a 6core 3.2g AMD cpu with 8g ram, 1.5t hdd and a r9 270x gpu. runs everything I need it to. I don't run 4k or anything so pretty happy with it thus far. however would like an improvement on what I already have for the new pc. 4k isn't out of the question but im more concerned with performance than gfx.
MegaChintz [1770536]

How about an SSD for the existing PC, and move the OS to it? That should see a good increase in general perf ie read/write speeds, and it could be reused in the next PC build later on when you need it..