I joined about 18 days ago and this is a pretty decent game. My prob is as a donor I feel I should gain energy faster than I do I was thinking 10 energy every 10 min, This would also motivate more people to become donor's
Noob donor
Started by eddieg501 [1928057] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 49 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I joined about 18 days ago and this is a pretty decent game. My prob is as a donor I feel I should gain energy faster than I do I was thinking 10 energy every 10 min, This would also motivate more people to become donor's
You do gain energy faster, this won't change.
I know you do, just not fast enough, look at the population
The system works fine, and i hope it doesn't change...
This would unbalance the game, unless you are suggesting low level/age donators get a boost?
Agree with this.
@OP New players get much more now too. Initially you didn't get the extra e and stuffz when you started and that has since been implemented. Since you're new and don't know the difference, you expect more than what you've experienced, however it's not realisted in the bigger picture, because you are getting more.
Donator status works really well as it is. If it's more E you want to train and what not, there are items in the game that will help you increase that.
If you use this logic where do you stop? There will always be someone who doesn't think enough is enough.
if you want extra energy then you'll have to buy drugs such as xanax or LSD, use energy cans or refill it with points
"look at the population"
what on earth does that even mean?
i agree with you R+
It mean's many more people would join, Torn would make more money be able to implement new and exciting ideas, which would translate into more enjoyment for donors and so on
its designed the way it is so non donors and donors fill their e at the same rate, except you get an extra 50e, it is a pretty good encouragement already to get 150% energy recovery
you only think this because you are new so you think you are entitled to it, and you dont understand that this is designed to be a long play game, you train you chat, and you come back, deadly virus only agrees because hes an inactive who thinks i know lets get me more e
i can see where you are coming from but it would make it substantially unfair on non donors
this system is fine the way it is
This is not my first horse race. I have played many an MMO. I can certainly understand why a vet would get upset when a noob gets something he or she did not, I have been on the side of that. I have been reading many a complaint that there are not many new people who play or they play for a few day's and quit, MMO developers are always racking their brains over how to get more people to play their game. Think of Donor's as a "subscription" model and non donors as "free to play", I am sure the developers of Torn are racking their brain trying to think of ways to get more people to become donors.
I love the beginning missions and the free refills, the only prob with that is after the refills and missions are done it leaves a bit of an empty feeling especially if you are a non donor, so what do a few do? they become donors but then they ask themselves-is that all there is? This is not a knock on the game or the Developers, just a few thoughts on how to improve the game and get more people to become donors and not have so many people playing for a few days and then leaving the game.
I don't really understand such logic, you think more people would join because the game is easier, the level of difficulty has little to no impact on if a player joins or not, the counter argument to such a point would be the number of players quitting would increase also.
the game does fine, give a player everything and it becomes a rather boring game.. you're able to cheat in games but there's a reason you dont.. you try to keep them fun and like those single player games torn tries to actually add that.
One of the easiest games on the planet is WOW, it has 10 million subs, one of the hardest games on the planet is EVE, it is a niche game. It is a a matter of opinion which game is better. fun factor is huge, even though WOW is easy millions think it is fun, thousands think Eve is fun the rest think of it as boring. I understand your argument "you do not want to cheapen the game" but when you are at lvl 4 or 5 and have run out of missions and the "novelty" wears off than what? Of course you train, take drugs if you can afford it, take an education course, slut (but then it takes longer to get to the "real" game), mug someone, do crimes, race a car, join a company, rent a nice house, join a faction (lost of posts tell you not to until the "real" game at lvl 15), buy guns and armor at Big Al's, lose money at the casino that as a noob you cannot afford to lose, read the forums (enjoyable) chat on the new player channel (but stay away from global), etc. These things can be done very quickly unless you want to stare at a race track for hours on end until your eye balls start to bleed:) (halfway kidding, I have entered many a race, the prob is they do not start for 30 or so min and who wants to wait around). So I guess what I am saying is there needs to be a quicker way to get from lvl 4 or 5 to lvl 15. That's all Folks
Even reading the list you just wrote took a while.
It took me about a year to get bored of everything in the main game. Then I just stuck around for the forums. Others stick around for money or stats, or the company they set up, or warring.
What I'm getting at is that everyone who does stick around sticks around for a reason. Giving an extra little bit of energy won't help that in any way. If you're sitting watching your energy bar tick on up, then anything longer than 10 seconds will be boring, even that would get old soon enough. Shortening it by any amount won't really help that.
play torn fb..reach level 5 u will get bonus-one of them is xp booster- back to torn ..train in the morning - the rest..attack other people and do crimes.. thats how i got to level 15 from 5..(actually it was not just attack, i mugged them) find your target,,use your binocular..you'll find someone u can attack and win and mug
The system is fine as it is. Too many games have become 'pay to win' already. Torn is great because it does not follow this trend. I'd like to keep it that way.
this was such an idiotic argument i have to assume you're trolling.. for both our sakes,
Reading though this post, I kept thinking to myself that I like it just how it is... and then lo and behold a comment which sums up my thoughts exactly and succinctly.
not trolling in the least, if you think it is an idiotic argument I take it you have no business background. By insulting me you have shown who is the idiot. What I have seen is games that have a very small population also tend to have a very loyal population and never want to hear any type of criticism of their fav game. A game that is stagnant goes nowhere. I just hope that Torn remains a viable game.