Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Advice..

Started by Shiggles [969438] on in Racing.

13 replies · 87 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Titan [227473]

I personally am using/upgrading my mustang, but it probably would have been a better idea to use the Consworth being as its your best rally car, even when you hit class A.
Guy_Smiley [668097]

I would go cosworth..it should do well on most rally tracks in class b..plus it will get you through on most rally tracks early on in class a..but as you grow in class a,it will only be good in the mudpit..i have probably built two fully upgraded class a cars just with the points earned by my cosworth
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I've been interested in the "Mustang or Cosworth" decision for awhile. When I was at that point, I went with the Mustang, and I can't complain. But along the way, I've talked with several different people who choose to go with the Cosworth. None of them have regretted it, and all sounded like they would recommend the Cosworth route.


Guy_Smiley [668097]

The reason is..the mustang is not competitive in class a..not even early on..the cosworth is competitive early on in class a on about 5 tracks..but it will be à car you can use forever..the mustang will be obsolete the minute you move to class a..
Guy_Smiley [668097]

It's your best car early on..as you progress it is no longer effective except on the mudpit..it will get smoked on other tracks by an nsx, Audi or a Nissan set up for dirt..
Mud [1740734]

I did a Mustang for class B and it worked well, but if I were to do it again I'd suggest a Cosworth. I still get good points out of official mud track races in class A from the Cosworth.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

If you go with the Cosworth in B class, and fully upgrade it in A class, it'll be great for mudpit races. But that's 1 track out of 16. It may do okay on the other dirt tracks, but I wouldn't count on it, because most of the time when you run it on those dirt tracks, you're going to have to compete with several people who have A class cars set up for those tracks, and the Cosworth isn't as good as those.

To me, that's the downside of the Cosworth. 15 of 16 tracks, the Cosworth isn't going to win. Even so, I still think it (barely) edges out the Mustang when it comes time to make that choice. Overall, choosing it in B class will save you some points, since you'll never upgrade a B class car that you won't need after you move to A. But it's only truly competitive on one track once you reach A, so that's a downside.

I have 3 A class cars set up. The Cosworth will be the next car I upgrade.
Shiggles [969438]

I appreciate everyone's input. Sounds like the Cosworth has a slight edge on the Mustang in the long run. I guess I'm wondering if I can sneak by with minimum points spent on a Mustang, and still make it to A class (i.e. placing in 2cd or 3rd). If that is possible, I may be left with enough points to fully upgrade a class A car that is competitive on more than one track right off the bat in A class.
Guy_Smiley [668097]

That's untrue..i f you enter class a with a built cosworth..it is competitive on mudpit..stone park..hammerhead..parkland..and two islands..Until you reach about skill level ten..then you start running into racers who have cars built for those tracks..
But ..if you enter class a with a mustang..you will get beat bad with a built nsx..and you still can't compete on a rally track. Like I said..I built at least two cars with the points earned with my cosworth..
And yes..I do have a shop..but that has not been much help..between two company's and 120/days between the two, I may have earned 50 upgrade points..I have lost more than that in crashes since I started this thread..
So how many points has your mustang earned in class a??
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

If you go with the Mustang, you don't use it in class A. You save points, and when you move to A class, you build an A class car and use it. I don't understand why you're asking how many races a Mustang will win in A class. That's not it's purpose. My first A class car was a Lexus, and it's what built most of my points once I reached A class.

I don't see Cosworths winning in A class on any track except the mudpit. (Based on races I've been in, and on the cars shown in the records.) I suppose you could, if you get lucky and the others in that race are not set up for dirt tracks, but I wouldn't count on that as a regular thing.

Either you've had really bad luck with crashes, or I've had really good luck with them.