So I bought the points to buy myself a license, raced a lot, modded a lot, won and fail a lot, but now I sit here in the A class. My 225 points went into my new NSX to start out competitive... but there's no one to race in officials. I have to ask--what was the point of all the racing if there's no one wanting to race in the official A class? Where is the opportunity to gain if no one wants to race; I can't finish upgrading my car unless I work a certain type of job? Is this primarily job related or for fun? If there is supposed to be fun, where is everybody? Out of 5 hours of waiting last night I was lucky to get 1 race in, to which I was promptly disemboweled by every other car on the road. So 225 pts meant absolutely nothing after my first A race.
I'm confused and mainly disappointed because E-B would fill up almost instantly every single time. I'm just happy I didn't spend 1 mil+ on a car. I'd like to know where everyone is in the racing world and why I should continue considering I put in the time to get to A Class.
The problem isn't the number of racers, the problem is the matchmaking system. A lot of players who just reached class A have the same problem you have.
When I join a Class A official race, I almost always get a full race. There are plenty of players in Class A who race. Just keep trying, and hopefully the matchmaking system will let you race.
If you have a low driver skill it may be why you are having problems..the system tries to match similar skill levels..join some custom races and get your level up some..soon you will find that you will actually be racing more..alot of the races you join will have a much shorter wait time than an hour.
I had the exact same issue when I was new to A class. But it didn't last long, and since then, I've been able to get a full race any time I want, 100% of the time.
Like Guy_Smiley said, just keep doing custom races (especially long ones) to build your driver skill, and it'll get better. And like Ace said, the problem is the matchmaking system.
Short custom races (1 lap on your best track) can also help. They don't do a lot to boost your driver skill compared to 100 lap races, but they will help with that a little, and they'll move you towards the merit for 250 wins with one car.
Alrighty. I'll keep plugging at this. I was all excited. I saved points, got the car that seemed to do well on all tracks, then reality hit me in the face with a dead fish. 225 points made no scratch. Ever have your Teddy ripped from your arms while in you're happiest moment/mood? 6th place carries the same saddening effect. =P
Keep at it..but remember..the nsx does show up as being the best car on the records list..but that is also at least three different setups of that car..
Update (cuz I feel like giving one): I've been pounding it out, needing to kick a cripple or two during the first few weeks after I made this post, and the results have greatly improved in quality since then. I went from 6th-5th place positions during the first month to (currently) averaging 2nd-1st on most maps (that require turning...). I honestly would have quit if it were not for the advice y'all lent. Ty!