Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Depression

Started by Chopped [1741917] on in Health & Fitness.

16 replies · 176 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Chopped [1741917]

I don't know if this is the right thread but, currently suffering through a major depression in my life, I've lost control over my own life, I don't know how to regain it back, I've seeked professional help over the past few month/s but it hasn't made me feel any better, I'm starting to lose hope, what is left of this life of mine? Thanks guys...

I'm quite inactive in this game now, so apologies if I see some responses a little late...
Mix [21666]

This is probably not the best website to seek support, Google search for a forum or website to help you.
At least you will have people that are in the same position as you there.
Jason187 [1808995]

You are always in control of your own life. What you may not be able to control are your emotions. You should def seek professional help, if it isnt helping, go to someone else. There is no shame in trying to better yourself. You just have to understand that it takes time, and you are in control.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

Depression is a sneaky bastard and can get its grips on you tighter than you realize. I'm no professional, but as I have gotten older I have come to accept that depression is going to be a part of my life forever.

There are millions of people who share this with you, and Jason and Mix are giving you good advice.

Seek help from professionals and in peer groups. Find one or two things that have always given you joy or relief.
--music? cooking? reading? meditating?

I also have anxiety that results from the paralysis that depression causes. I use breathing exercises when I am at my worst.
Cat2001 [852997]

I found this article on the DenOfGeek website, full of links to get help for depression

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/robin-williams/31684/where-to-get-help-with-depression
Collete [1389080]
Denis Leary: Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to f**king work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of f**king list!
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

Sent you a message, I'm pretty young and I've already went through depression that lasted 4 years, I don't know if that's much compared to others who have had depression but those 4 years felt like 4 different lifetimes.
Sarah01 [1074856]

Depression is serious to be honest. And i agree with a post above - that this place isnt the way to get advice.

As suggested - see GP (general physician) and request councelling.

You may also get given Citalopram tablets - but again your choice.

Remember - always a way out - and it will come sooner or later! :)
Cursed [1901987]

i once was depressed for a month....

that was the same time i started loving punk pop, give the albuum "enema of the state" a try