Are job points transferable from one job to the next? Or should I use them prior to resigning?
job points
Started by BubbaBlaxx [1903995] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 13
- Likes on archived posts
- 19
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Polechom [1770659]
· 1 likes ·
In regards to the 5 starter jobs no you cannot. It is ill advised to leave your job if you have numerous job points as you lose them once you leave your job and will therefor have to earn them …
Are job points transferable from one job to the next? Or should I use them prior to resigning?
You can transfer them if it is the same type of company. They are not transferrable between different company types but you dont lose them if you resign.
In regards to the 5 starter jobs no you cannot.
It is ill advised to leave your job if you have numerous job points as you lose them once you leave your job and will therefor have to earn them back again.
You don't lose job points at all
Since when? As long as I've been playing this game It's been like that.
Did it change somewhere along the road last couple years?
Im about to switch from game store to my preferred profession Mechanics shop...spend my points before I quit and move on? Or will they cross over with me?
they won't transfer with you , and if you don't spend them they will be waiting for you if you rejoin any game store company.
I was in TV company with few job points left. I forgot the number, but around 100. Then moved to another TV company hoping my job points come with me. But, I started with 0 job points. I haven't check with basic job thou since I haven't try it.
Since i started playing, probable before too.
If you join same type of company then you will notice that your points are safe
I'm trying to remember back to the beginnings, and as far as I can remember this has been the case. I don't remember any announcements stating otherwise either.
You can change from any starter job to any other job and will not lose the job points you left behind.
I generally sit in the army for defense, but occassionally switch jobs to reduce education time or just to make some money...I tend to leave whatever I gain in job points behind, and after I do what I need to do in another job or company, I go back to the army and my points accumulate from where I left off without losing anything.
I've moved from 1 sweetshop to another, I don't quite remember how many sweetshops I've been in (around 5 perhaps.. LOL), I keep my JPs in all of them, but I haven't tried changing company type in between switching to the next sweetshop company, so I don't exactly know what would happen to my JP in that case.
Job points in standard jobs (army, medical, etc) have always been kept. of course it has to be the same job type.
As for company jobs (sweet shop, fitness companies, etc) with the latest updates: they are kept now. It wasn't like this in the past. Here is well, you need to keep the same company type. If you are kicked out from the company, and join another one, you will have the jobpoints. PS: allow at least 3 days in the new company for you to be able to use the specials of course.
if i leave one company (game shop) and join a completely different one (fitness), only to leave and find another job at a game shop, will i still have my job points at the game shop? i guess a more simple way of putting it would be, Do they ever expire for any reason?
Thanks everyone for the many posts..though we seem to be getting mixed replies. Some are saying Yes...Others say yes but only if same job type...Others saying no they do not transfer...still others say that they used to(years back) they did only for standard jobs(army,medical,etc) and didn't for company jobs(sweet shop,fitness company,etc), but that has changed recently to include them also.
Keep the posts coming in and we'll see if we can shake out this wrinkle. Thank you again.
I know for oil rigs you get to keep all your points - choppered between 3 rigs and took all my point with me.
I've not tried switching from a rig to something else and going back; rigs are too lucrative....
Some people are ignorant but loud. Don't listen to them.
It was announced by Chedburn that you can keep job points, only for that type of company. So if I leave a TV company with 700 job points, I will still have them when I join any other or same TV company again (been there done that)
Similarly if I leave education job with 100 job points , I will still have them if I return back. This has been the case even before I was born (into torn :P)
Thank you NitroDex, that's what i was looking for.
Job points are specific to each company type (player owned, or the Torn start jobs.) You don't lose them if you leave that job/company. If you join another company of the same type, you will have them. They can't be moved from one type of company to another.