Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Busting

Started by JollyGarcia [494677] on in General Discussion.

20 replies · 365 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

JollyGarcia [494677]

As busting becomes less and less the regnant factor for crime experience, less and less people are doing it. This creates a "problem" that I'm sure ched intended to create. What was once halls of empty jail cells is now teeming with people and since busting factions were brought to a halt more and more people should/will continue to fill these empty hell holes.

My question to you guys is:
Reviving has a generally accepted going rate (1mil) with a few people who are desperate or simply generous. Being that jail is no longer a click fest for anyone trying to get some busts, what is the "going" rate for jail busts?
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I pay 250k for jail busts as I find it inconvenient to be sat in jail, nerve is cheap enough and bails on me cost more than that anyway... unless I'm in for a jail/success political assassination in which case I get myself out with a lawyer business card.

Only time I'm ever in jail is from failed busts though, which tends to be quite rare as I'm good at judging my limits there, I never expect people to pay me though, and if they were going to I'd much rather they just send cash or something as having to open mails or sort items into my display is a hassle.
Aime [760224]

Nah, i'm not that stingy. Maybe $1?

OT: I'd bust for free if someone asks nicely or give me a good laugh.

The other day, someone was complaining about his lousy cell mate and being forced to pick up soaps. He was in need of urgent rescue from the jail. It's kinda funny and i busted him.
Noc [1662321]

f**k all i didnt ask em to so they arent getting jack from me charity starts at home n times are tough ;)
TTM [213036]

Not sure if :D

Anyway, I dont pay for busts, dont expect to get paid either. Its one of those action where helping someone else is actually all about helping yourself.
Hobbie [443763]

I still think busts are common enough compared to revives for them not to warrant the same kind of payment. Although certainly if I'm stuck in jail, particularly if I have other things to do I could see myself offering a reward.
Cable [507439]

We could be back to the days when busting was actually something that you could make money from; although most of the time busters were paid ad-hoc from gratitude, rather than by request.

It will probably take some time for people to get used to though, if it does go back.
David [132845]

When I get busted, I usually send a beer, and I think it's ok. That's what I systematically did last year when someone go me out. And gosh did I send beers by the wagonload! [:laughing:]

But nowadays, I might skip it because I lost a bit of motivation. [:disappointed:]
Franky [1529693]

I usually send some beer along to thank for the bust xP

I once received a DP for busting someone out. I've received drug packs, dvd's, cash, beer, fhc, cars, cans, messages and no thanks whatsoever. I don't bust for the thanks though. I bust (well used to be) for crime experience, then it became for the merits and now it's to climb the HOF. I'll probably stop though (if I can - I mean that jail link is quite tempting once you're a regular clicker) xD
Cable [507439]

Think I used to pay 100k for busts; but that was many years ago, when I was still a newbie.
Haven't really paid since people started busting for experience; and haven't been hospitalised since Respo, so not really changed much.
-BC-KentonFC [1937992]

I have reactly come back to Torn I used to be part of the -BC- gang which stands for busting chain if my memorie serves me right what I would like to know is BC still out there doing there stuff.
Rino_007 [344056]

I used to send out ~75k per bust assuming I was in there for more than 4 hours (which I hardly ever was). Since busting was so common anymore the experience was the thank you. But the part of the game that has changed; I believe the busters still would be busting me, even for free due to level.