Since there is not an official area for scripts, I thought I'd make one. You can post scripts for Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey or just general scripts for out of game coding. This thread can also be used for script requests for all languages.
I've also made a suggestions thread for making an official script section which you can upvote if you want to happen.
Mentions:
Scripts section in Forums
Request: If it is possible for anyone to make, I would like a Tampermonkey userscript that will let me auto search and use all my energy consecutively at the dump with one button, almost like an autospin at a casino. I will pay the person who makes a successful userscript some money. If this is illegal, let me know.
I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal. To be completely honest, I'm surprised Ched even allows the city finds scripts. But scripts to auto-search the dump, auto-spin the slots, or auto-train at the gym... no, I'm pretty sure those will get you fedded.
But I'd wait for a staff member to verify this. I'm not 100% certain, nor can I link to any thread official declaring such scripts illegal. I'm just making an assumption based on the nature of the script and the way such scripts are treated in nearly every game. I'd definitely call it cheating.
Searching the dump is tedious as hell, I know, but that's the idea. Everything in this game functions in real time, requiring players to actually invest time and (real-world) energy into playing, even on menial tasks such as searching the dump. Searching the dump and spinning the slots is meant to be as tedious in-game as it would be in real life (to some degree).
People will most likely not hand out scripts as 1. most of us are unsure if they are allowed, gray area or whatever 2. its illegal i'm pretty sure to sell something non-torn for torn money 3. With no $$ incentive, and some ppl keep them secret for friends and faction so others dont get the perceived benefit...people msot likely will not give them away out of the goodness of their hearts...maybe its our lovely troll community :P
Good luck at any rate, wouldnt expect any biters/cooperation [:sick:]
Why wouldn't Ched allow the city finds script? Ched is releasing Torn API which encourages scripting (I might be wrong).
Lol... It's illegal to sell something not from the game for game money? What about all of the graphics that are sold? Banners, sigs, descriptions, you name it.
How is that different from selling a little game script? x)
The one thing that I do agree on is that it may serve to give an unfair advantage much like people abused macros back in the day to auto-train (which is why we have captchas now).
Why go through the trouble of creating a new city search system only to allow people to use scripts to circumvent it? What's the point of investing time searching when you can have a script do it for you?
If you have both of the popular city-search scripts installed, you're told when there's an item that can be found, what the item is, and then you have it obnoxiously highlighted so that you don't even have to work to find it.
Not that I'm complaining, though. Searching the city is tedious, and if I didn't have the script telling me when there's an item ready to be found, I wouldn't ever search the city.
Do not ask for rates...
Locked... [:sick:]