Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Lost Nerve

Started by Psychotica [1862952] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Psychotica [1862952]

I bought a nerve refill with points...for 40 nerve, enough to do 4 assassinations. I did one assassinate mob boss and it was fine. But when I clicked to do another, there was a significant lag. Then it went straight back to the main crime page without the op having gone through. It also showed me as having only 10 nerve left. I did one more and it went through fine as well.
In other words, I somehow lost 20 nerve.

I think this occurred right when money was deducted for property upkeep. If that somehow caused the lag/loss of nerve, I dont know. But it's a time marker if you could look into it please.
Psychotica [1862952]

It would seem really odd if it did the ops auto as I was never given the option to click "Try Again". Nor do I have any way to know if one failed. It never showed me any results. It literally went like this...

1. Bought refill (for 40 nerve, enough to do 4 assassinations)
2. Did one mob boss, went through fine (success)
3. Clicked to do another but hit a big lag (only showed dots moving as when its processing)
4. Finally stopped processing but went straight back to main crime page (http://i.imgur.com/tKRrOOq.png), no result shown, no option to "Try Again" or "Change Crime". Also showed me having just 10 nerve left.
5. Did another mob boss with remaining 10 nerve, went through fine (success).

Are you sure the 4 ops you're looking at are the ones I did AFTER buying the refill? I think I just came back from rehab before buying it and did 4 ops then as well, as I would have had a full nerve bar then too. I'm not quite sure if I got back right at that time though, might have been a bit earlier? I know for certain I would have done at least one op before buying the refill, to make sure I did it on an empty nerve bar.
I almost always have an extra tab (or two) open where I could have easily determined whether or not I got any money or more ops on my criminal record. Unfortunately, I didnt this time. I left my laptop open during my trip to rehab so it never loaded to my homepage in the other tab when I landed.
If you're able to determine that 4 ops were done on the refill I purchased then I'm fine taking your word for it. Though it does seem odd if 4 ops went through when I was only given the option to (voluntarily) do 2 of the 4.
Psychotica [1862952]

It also doesnt make sense to me that it auto redirected me back to the main crime page. I was thinking that, if it auto did the 2nd and 3rd op (as I was never given the option), perhaps it had the "Try Again" button stuck from when I pressed it after the 1st op and somehow processed 2 more during the lag? Seems odd but I guess maybe possible.

But, if thats in fact what happened, then I should have found myself still on the mob boss page after the lag, with the option to "Try Again" or "Change Crime". Yet, thats not what happened. I was on the main crime page as if I had pushed "Change Crime". Dont see how it could have auto done that!

(Its so annoying that I left my laptop open after rehab in another tab...)


Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Yes, you can see you refilled on points.php just before doing 4 Assassination crimes.

This is fine, and standard practice for websites during lag. You probably clicked the button multiple times as it's loading, which did the action several times in the background without you seeing the results.


Psychotica [1862952]

Nah, there was no button to push after the 1st time but no matter. Seems you were able to determine I got 4 ops out of the refill and thats good enough for me. Thanks for looking into it.