Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

dont gamble

Started by Brady85 [1830440] on in Gambling.

20 replies · 460 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

flufffy [494285]

Tried the bookies or poker? Those take an element of skill and knowledge. Others are mostly luck and if you're unlucky then it's rigged.
dunmugmeh [538353]

dont play the casino everyday or you may lose your temper eg

'halo i jus luzzerd al mah muny on jackblack. i hat u chudburn I HAT U.'

'Y chudburn? YYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?'

'YYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYY'

'i hat u'
TheEmptySuit [1911120]

How can you rig the bookie? these are irl events you're talking about, poker? that's you playing against other players, ok fair enugh some can count cards and calculate odds (like me lol) but that's nothing to do with Staff. russian roulette? no idea how things can be rigged here, the people with the highest winnings aren't even Staff. lottery? that's multis rigging stuff, not Staff, someone always wins, and sometimes that person is fedded since they're a multi. slots? this is virtual man, RNG all the way (might be rigged, but doesn't make a huge differance) roulette? nope, not rigged, I earn a few mil a day from roulette alone. keno? the odds are never in your favor, rigged or not :P..blackjack? once again, I count ccards, and I can tell you it's not rigged. high-low? of course it's rigged you dummy, but there are people that make money with it anyway.

Can't say anything about craps, I don't understand the damn game.

If it was rigged I wouldnt be making millions in the casino.
LaughingCoffin [1935380]

This is something I hear in IRL as well. Because the odds are already stacked against you in most games, the casino doesn't have to rig anything. However, they compensate for throwing the odds by increasing payout so if you win under the right circumstances you will make money. So in essence, don't gamble if you don't know how too haha
MIKELEE30 [1088323]

I only do bookies now since thats okay u just got to know the sport to figure out who will win. dont look at the odds or muti cause that team might win or lose. Just hope u pick the winning team lol
BrentCarnage [1906164]

There's a trick to high-low. The first pick you almost always win with the obvious choice (obvious choice meaning if he had, say, a king you choose low). So bet max, take the money, back out, then do it again. You'll have the occasional trash card, but, for the most part, you'll do well.
Kakabu [1932221]

With any game of chance there's a huge percentage chance that you will fail. There's a formula in statistics called Expected Value. You can use this to calculate and see that most games of chance you lose money every time you play (typically between .75-.90 cents on the dollar). I still play games of chance in Torn that have merits associated with them, but I know most likely I'm throwing money out the window.

http://study.com/academy/lesson/dice-and-cards-finding-expected-values-of-games-of-chance.html
1875860 [1875860]

While this is good advice in general I would not say it's more rigged than in any real casino. Yes the house has a slight advantage, but it could go either way. And I presume most players on this forum do like to gamble. So let them ;)

(Meanwhile, don't gamble and enjoy the sad 'I lost it all'-threads while you enjoy a hot summer day on your new yacht)
Evil_Hamster [794548]

The Casino is there to take money out of the game but add fun in doing it. (apparently!!)

Bookies, chess and RR are the only ones that arent "coded" in favour of the game, real players win the cash.

Poker, lets just say sitting at a table and 4 of the players share info on their cards (via TS, chat, MSN or Mirc) kinds of stacks the odds against you BUT then the game doesnt take any money in this and they cant guess the next card.

Its a very well known fact that Keno, hi/lo and blackjack are all in favour of the game. Blackjack has been a hot topic on more than one occasion being extremely vicious with the dealer having some cruel winning streaks hitting 20+ from insane draws.

Fluffy offered best advice though and others "dont gamble" is also sensible.




MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

if you cant afford to lose, dont play

its called ' a game of chance' for a reason....

and regardless of how good you think you are, the house always wins simply because ppl get greedy and always go for the Big Easy Money

then they howl about it in threads just like this.
Comstock [1379070]

Blackjack is rigged, for sure. Been playing it since I started Torn. After Respo, men sh*t is rigged. Them some mean streaks the dealer gets. If he has a 10 start, I'll bet my balls, another 10 will add up and kill ya! On many different occasions, at different times. The chance to win is so so small now.
SmileDog [1932328]

Gambling against a casino, or in this case a computer, is usually always rigged... Thats common sense. Playing against another player, can't really be rigged PVP games in torn aren't rigged, you just got to know how to play. <------------------------LIVES IN LAS VEGAS HE WOULD KNOW.
MonehQuit [1810568]
You have 167 casino tokens and a current streak of $-2,070,000,000

Hope that's incentive to you all dont f**king gamble