Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

SAME IP FOUND!!

Started by Quintilian [1825128] on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 59 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

LOUC17 [1826942] ×1

Quintilian [1825128]

A few days ago I tried to attack someone overseas and it warned me that our IPs were too close. I ignored it. Today, I tried to buy some lions from someone's bazaar and it had a huge "SAME IP FOUND" warning. I've no idea who this other person is, but there was a warning about being fedded and I'd like to avoid that.

I have a screenshot at this link: http://i.imgur.com/DY7acYM.png

A couple of notes: my wife also plays Torn (http://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1826942), but we don't interact so as to avoid being banned.

Also, I'm often travelling across France and using my iPad or phone to play. Could this somehow be an IP address connected with the Orange phone network?

And your instructions say I should test this on other devices, but I'd rather not risk getting banned!

Mentions: LOUC17 [1826942]

Chaos_Greg [46203]

having this means that in the recent past you and the other person have used the same ip.

It can be at home, work, internet cafe, cellphone provider running 1 ip or even a browser speeding up their service by passing everything through their servers (and thus ip) first.

Either way, not a bug. The same ip is there for a reason and as you have shared the same ip, the system is working just fine.