109 replies · 4.33k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:110 / 110 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
110
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
ghosty[1348728]
· 22 likes · Thanks Polarbear it was great fun in Dropbear, though your still a bigger nub than me though. Very long story to get started - but I will just underline certain things. What happened is between me and Hank and has …
jello[1608028]
· 17 likes · To clarify some things- there have been a number of occasions where help was given to the subs. When I was leader of calculative all I had to do was ask. I rarely did as we had pride in our …
QJedi[32586]
· 16 likes · For me, we're still all Calc family. I've donated to help build all of us up, and don't see any reason to let the fact that mom and dad are fighting change the way I feel about my brothers and …
This morning I wake up with a very interesting faction mail, which I assume all Calculating and Calculative members have read. It's a message from Hank, probably the main ING and IVE leader, to Ghosty, the leader of Calculated, the faction which originally started the CALC conglomerate. He talks about his troubles with Ghosty and the lack of support and inter-faction help.
In the end he comes to the conclusion that the only way to fix the situation is for both ING and IVE to split off, and create a smaller conglomerate with more intimate bonds to eachother.
I can see Hank's point and even if I didnt, I would be staying in what is currently known as Calculating regardless. My loyalty is to the faction of which I have been part for 478 day now, and to its leaders that have done an absolutely stunning job during all my time here. My only worry? Getting a new badass name. Those are hard to find.
But I am also interested to hear the opinions of others about this mess. Especially the opinions from Calculated members would interest me. Do you believe that this is the right move? Or should both parties attempt to reconcile one final time?
Looks like this move was very carefully -throws shades on- Calculated.
Good luck to the former Calc empire. It feels to me like ya'll grew too quickly without really establishing how all the subs were supposed to interact with each other, and without enough leadership to play it by ear.
So the tl;dr - hank asked for help and was ignored more than once without a good reason?
Tbh seems a little odd to not help, I image it would be like JFK 2.0 asking Z for help and Z ignoring it. With that in mind it seems like the correct move when it was agreed by the leaders of these factions and wish them the best, perhaps you guys will be able to war BC at one point after it's all sorted :p
2014-09-30 - 12:38:41 PM boo says: We may be interested in a war soon, I will get back to you however as we have wars with a couple of others being lined up soon enough :) We will speak soon though!
2015-03-30 - 1:27:55 PM boo says: Let me talk to a few others here and I'll get back to you - I know a lot of our people are busy over the next month or so and PT asked us for a war in April which we have voted to postpone until May time.
2015-03-31 - 9:21:32 PM boo says: I've floated a poll over here so I'll let you know what we decide :)
2015-04-14 - 9:34:20 AM Apo says: I think you contacted boo to have a term war between DA and TUS, but unfortunately, we decided not to war you guys now, just need 2-3 months, as many of our members have graduation exams, finals etc and are busy till july... But we are certainly looking forward to war you guys.. Hope you understand..
Thnx
Apo
2015-05-13 - 11:24:48 AM Apo says: i will talk to the others and let you know as soon as possible...
2015-05-18 - 11:27:24 AM Apo says: i will get back to you as soon as possible
2015-07-21 - 12:18:48 PM boo says: It would be wrong of me to pick a date before I spoke to my noobs over here as I think they want to war JFA before warring you guys.
I promise we will war, I just don't know when yet. I'll get back to you :)
Always, it is always about who you know unless you don't care; if you step on peoples toes with politics involved most of even the war hardened have to be weary; after all group attacks can even take down BB. Imagine if you will a faction has 100 members in it already, and they have say 200 friends all online, if the faction members chain like mad with stacked energy they can have a staggering Pool of 600,000 energy which is enough for 24,000 attacks or 240 100 hit chains or around 86k respect (bonus hits) in an extremely short period of time, granted the relativity of how huge 24k attacks is.
Obviously those figures are a bit exaggerated but even if it is 25% of that (75 members) that will yield "about "21.5k respect from bonus hits. TL,DR: Don't piss off those who have a lot of friends.
Mostly politics is who is friends with whom, and if they are willing to help in a moment of need (if able to help).