Care Bears and gummies bears but they are not buying it - trying my hardest!!!
Posts archived: 110 / 110 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Care Bears and gummies bears but they are not buying it - trying my hardest!!!
Thanks Polarbear it was great fun in Dropbear, though your still a bigger nub than me though.
Very long story to get started - but I will just underline certain things. What happened is between me and Hank and has no reflections on the rest of the Calc group. I wanna thank all of you in each group past, present and future. You guys contributed immensely and the name Calculated, Calculating and Calculative is truly fitting to what was a remarkable Journey.
People need to understand a few things about all members in Calc group, they dont get Xanax, points, FHC and the other things in warring. They war and chain just for the love of the Faction and the game nothing more. Calculated was formed around 2 years or so ago of members with 90% of the faction having 100K - 5M in stats and barely any money and resources, but they had passion and wanted to have fun.
We had a well documented war with MM which lasted a week and not many factions can survive that long giving the calibre of MM. Other bigger wars came we won some and lost some, It was decided as a group we form a sub Faction to Calculated and this part is KEY - The sub is to PRODUCE and train players for Calculated. Calculating was formed again by the generosity of Calculated members so when we kick those that are busy or got less time for the game we could send them to Calculating whilst Calculating gave us their best guys in return. I found it very insulting sometimes kicking someone who has given their all to the faction and they missed a few chains then all of a sudden they should be kicked.
My principles and views on the game - I personally hate guesting on this game and Calculated has never intentionally welcomed any guests. For me any crap faction can have guest and beat anyone, it proves nothing. I think this part of the game is fundamentally flawed. I never needed or wanted Calculated to be involve in dramas that this section often creates, I am just an acting Leader that carries out what route majority of the members want. I try not to demand or impose much on members only you dont scam and when applying to the faction you give your best when we war and train. Again Hank knows all this when he was at Calculated. I dont entertain or encourage guesting. The members here grew up fast and I think it enhanced their gaming experience.
Trigger Happy War - Core mailed me and said he's had enough of his faction being used as Filler and he wont stand for it anymore, he said the next calc faction that declares on TH will face his full force - I warned him and told him he refused to listen and declared on them. Core brought in guest and I could see this aint gonna end well its gonna be another Helvette war again, I told him to leave it again he refused. I never saw the point in going toe to toe with Core who has deep pockets and connections in the game. Admittedly I had no intention of helping or forcing our members who themselves are lacking in funds and stats to go and do another warring campaign when they just finished their wars. Papp spoke to me at length and I caved in, it turned out to be a waste of time and energy as JFK made sure that was the end of that. It was great to catch up with some of the guys but I could see they formed their own home and wished them all good luck.
Calculating got DB'ed - Again Calculated members came and help out and quickly raised their respect up in no time. I already felt immense guilt of relying on this guys who are giving so much effort and loyalty to Calculated it now felt they are now always in two wars sometimes. Alot of promises was made to them and it felt they kept giving and I kept taking - Obviously the DB was unforeseen circumstance.
Calculative - Jello had a burning desire to run his own faction, I explained to him I will help him with some of the funding but I will not be moving over. Jello said he never expected me to. Other constant issues and problem kept occurring, it felt like I was babysitting sometimes and solving constant dramas rather than enjoying the game peacefully. Mistake was made on my side and not getting accurate information about certain issues, I asked Jello to step down unwillingly. He stepped down out of respect for me but warned me about certain people and their intentions. Jello quit and many members left and followed him, I talked to certain members at length and I came to the conclusion I had made a mistake in asking Jello to step down. I asked Hank to give Jello back Leadership of Calculative has he was demoted under wrong assumptions from me. He refused to give Jello leadership by this time Jello nearly gave up on the game, a guy that has played an integral part in Calc history. It was then I made my mind up and I myself to take a step back. The game became less fun when your good friend of so long who has supported me began to lose faith and trust.
This just a 1/10th of what has gone on... I am giving out my explanation to address his mails. Overall it might be good leadership or bad Leadership from the guys involved, but like I say the faction was designed in mind for members not for the leaders. Everything we do in Calculated has a poll running and we go with the winner thats its always been. Since all this sub I felt Calculated was losing its identity and me as a player becoming more demanding of this guys who have given their all. Some of this guys have been with me since the Calculated started and they barely have 20m stats or have 1B in the bank - that will give some of you guys an indication of how much they have contributed to the Calc journey.
Some of you guys mail me for wars and I know I decline this is to give this guys a breather for them to have time for themselves, train their stats, make money and hopefully enjoy the game once more. The alliance never served its purpose it turned out that Calculated members were the sub and always supporting with very little we had, we had and got nothing in return. I feel for once in a long time Calculated is back to how it was designed to be. Thanks to Rosie with her awesome PA skills she has bought a different dimension to some of us to the faction. I guess we will all meet in Territory.
would of
should of
could of
gotten a grammar lesson
I'll get back to you :P
Message sent to HenkiePuk [1043621]
Mentions: HenkiePuk [1043621]
Mentions: boo [1544641]
This thread is being derailed by non-Calc members... anyways Hank doesn't want to keep running a puppet faction from what I'm reading :3
Ahh, to be 16 again.
.
Agreed with ghosty, this is just game, no dramas
We all here to hv fun not to show our egos.. if hank wanted to run faction on his own way he could make new faction, feeling sad that we are separated. .
I'm sorry but what did you guys offer the two factions? (Granted my own personal circumstances were helped by my brief stint incalculated). But what did main give the guy on the ground, in each one of these factions?
Tad confused as to how this comes off like drama or flashing egos o.o - The faction leaders decided to leave due to lack of support, it seems fair.. more so when the financial side is being repaid by hank, it was the members of these factions which built up the majority of the respect to to think it's okay to ask them to start a new faction is a little odd o.o
I can fully understand what Hank has gone through, and I would've done exactly the same. (Actually, a Hank probably handled it better than I would've!)
On a side a note, I reckon the next CALC faction was going to be called Calculation. But I guess that isn't going to happen now!
Some of us are better at math than grammar :)
Should call themselves "Hankerchiefs" seeing as TH wiped their nose with em lolz
Toilet Paper would have been a better insult..
"When I agreed to restructure Calculative..."
Is this referring to when they forced Jello out as leader because they wrongly assumed he wasn't doing a very good job? If so they did a great job restructuring the faction by driving out members. Perhaps a dozen of the most active and dedicated members left (including myself) because of this bullshit judgment call. I sincerely hope CALC does split up since the top-down leadership in this faction family is a complete joke.
*edit for quotefail*
SterlingArcher [1590521]
I'm sorry but what did you guys offer the two factions? (Granted my own personal circumstances were helped by my brief stint incalculated). But what did main give the guy on the ground, in each one of these factions?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
hmmm, I have been working so not much time to discuss recent events. however, I have had time to read. it seems that for a time there has been talking going on between the leadership of 'ing and 'ive about the position relative to 'ed. and then a move to remove jello seemingly instigated by the collective sub-factions (only from what I read). and finally a push away from the group after by not 1 but 2 factions once the leadership was re-jigged the leaderships were aligned. so would I be being a conspiracy theorist if I asked, was this a long drawn out plan to break away that has been nurtured for a while and finally come to fruition? The person who has gained the most from this is you with a sudden rise in the ranks after spy missions into 'ed and on now to the throne you were targeting in 'ive so maybe you are the mastermind behind this whole shenanigan, the true puppet master in the whole conspiracy making ghosty and hank your Zig and Zag.
Zig and Zag for the unaware:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSrthJRbZU
Mentions: SterlingArcher [1590521]
When CALC-ive needee a name submissions were asked for and the short list was voted on.
(I supplied calculative)
My background: after a break from TC I looked to join a friendly faction with decent benefits. .
I joined calculating. I was involved in a couple of wars but was kicked/demoted to ing to hone my skills.
A great group / family
I was then ready to be promoted to Ed.
more serious, less fun, +1 steadfast, heavier chaining and higher stat players.
I was loaned to ing briefly, which was again fun but I'm happy to be back at the big brother faction..
I hope that an olive branch will be offered, these big boys realise their differences and find a way to make scale work again and not to repeat the mistakes of the past.
I believe this is reversible, and can work in a better way for all involved.
I've been with Calculated for over half a year now, I haven't had any issues with the leadership. We do our part for the faction, we respect each other, we have various play styles and we enjoy playing the game as it should. We don't let politics get into the way. Personally I don't feel the need to babysit any faction leader or anyone with politics into the mix. I got my own thing going on just like everyone else, and I respect them for that. Ghostly is representing all of Calc and if I wasn't happy I wouldn't be here with them today.
Ghostly said enough regarding these current events, for everyone else that don't understand, you just need to read it. We didn't ask for a split, outside leaders with new found ideas decided for us. With all the attention, it seems they felt like they needed to prove something while doing so.
You guys want to play war hero... then go play war hero we're not going to stop you, but you don't need to drag us into your world when you smash your head into the wall every so often and wonder why your stats are not growing. We were only there to support you when it was logical to do so without the politics. People will always forget the underlying reason why Calculated started sub factions. It wasn't built to control the main, sub-factions were there to represent us. Due to current change of events, we can see leaders in "ing" & "ive" obviously have their own interests in mind. They basically stumbled upon their regular broadcasting station WIIFM - WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME.
I personally would of liked to see a sub-faction that could hold themselves together without bringing their own problems & drama to the boards. A good leader knows how to handle his own problems and doesn't mix problems with politics - enough said.