Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sharing Is Caring.

Started by 1BK22 [1925253] on in Fun & Games.

78 replies · 420 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Dracin [1775106]

Mine is from a poem - won't post the whole thing as it's a bit long to put here, but I'll post the final part (I'm sure a lot of people know this one already):

If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Dulce et decorum est - Wilfred Owen
KyleWaxedU [1013799]

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

-V
Corvidae [1879936]
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.


- Eric Hoffer

CLUMP [1881370]
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. -Sun Tzu
Jesmond [1881117]

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Halana [1693925]

Not really a quote but song lyrics, but they always help me when I'm feeling down:

"Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving"
bromo5 [1935101]

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
â Albert Einstein