ok, so not sure if its true or not but can calling people noobs will get you a chat and forum ban? cause if so thats just ridiculous and a little over the top
Bans?
Started by _Carnage_ [467164] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 54 / 100
Most-liked replies
- PatBenatar [420347]
· 2 likes ·
Yet people can call me names, troll my weekly threads and numerous other things. BTW, the haters out there can celebrate my weekly discussions are now over. I got tired every week the same asswipes ruining my threads and nothing …
ok, so not sure if its true or not but can calling people noobs will get you a chat and forum ban? cause if so thats just ridiculous and a little over the top
noob
Noob noob
Context and expression is the key, not always the words themselves... [:sick:]
I got a ban for saying "Your Mama must be really proud of you" ROFL I am guilty, yep I said it! It was worth every day of the 7 days I got. I would so do it again but the person finally got the clue and quit.
I got 6 months for calling the "new bazaars" lame! ROFL!!! Yep that one came from Ched himself but yet they allow players to use the "C" word, the "N" word all over and they get nothing.
Just shows you how desperate staff are to ding me. And others, so if you get banned over stupid things, that just proves some staff can not be biased and use the power to "F" with people.
I am such a hard core big meanie!
That does seem excessive, did you dispute it? Trolling seems to be a bit grey tbh, can't be sure you weren't warned before hand bla bla.
coffee is your enemy if it makes you feel excited when you post on the forums/chat.
The Ched ban, he said I quote(appeal) Its my game if you don't like it GTFO.
The MB(Mama....) ban I believe the ban (which the staff member would not say who it was) Too Bad so sad that is what you get for trolling.
I appealed both bans. And lost both times. I was never warned EVER on either issue.
My exact post that got me 6 months:
How lame, another waste of time. Why screw something up that was not broken? You could have at least transfer the existing items into the new case. And if you think I am wasting another 250 points for something more lame good luck.
Posted on Mon Mar 15, 2010 02:52:28
Ched's notification for my ban:
You are banned from the forums
Days: 150
Reason: Thank you for your feedback. In future please do not make sarcastic remarks.
Sent from Chedburn Forums 2010-03-16 - 3:05:52 AM
Thank you for your feedback. In future please do not make sarcastic remarks. Why change something that did not need changing? Because that's how things progress. Fix something that didn't need fixing? We were not fixing anything, it's called updating.
Yes, if you plan on displaying one of every single item (for some reason) you will have to re-add every single item one by one as the display case and the bazaar use different systems than the original display case.
We hope we can welcome you back to the forums soon, and in future you will give feedback that is helpful to us, or simply not post at all.
Thank you.
Mind you, I have never cheated, I have always done what is right, and have never belittled other players and yet I have been banned twice now. While others can use vulgar language, post filth on profiles, and abuse bugs, other players can call me names, suggest I have mental issues, call me the "C" word but I am the bad person?
Yes I am! Apparently.
I mean warned in the thread itself, rather than an official warning, Trolling is a straight ban. Oh well, it was a long time ago, no one died. I guess you need to be careful when trying to wind people up about stuff, it might be seen as trolling and you'll get a ban for it and if an Admin agrees the ban will stick.
Yet people can call me names, troll my weekly threads and numerous other things. BTW, the haters out there can celebrate my weekly discussions are now over. I got tired every week the same asswipes ruining my threads and nothing was being done.
To answer your question no I was not warned nor there was a thread warning. I don't fuel the fire, like I was accused of.
Oh, I will miss the unnessecary but fun threads. rip
Clearly you're the victim and it's all so unfair I realize but generally we get things right, we're not perfect but usually Forums and chat are moderated pretty well, it's not easy to get to every nasty comment or post.