Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

activity trackers

Started by Tolshortte [648554] on in Health & Fitness.

6 replies · 87 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
Tolshortte [648554]

does anyone use an activity tracker? if so you could please list which one you use. im considering picking up a fitbit charge hr. as ive gotten older its getting harder to maintain my fitness level with work, family etc. getting the most out of my workouts seems like a potential time (and life lol) saver.

currently I run about a half mile 3x a week and walk several miles a day at work outdoors. an activity tracker seems like a good tool to help track my calorie burn and intake etc. I would appreciate any opinions from anyone with feedback.
1982214 [1982214]

My company gives a discount on Fitbits (to promote healthy living) so I picked up a Fitbit Blaze. It's fancy enough for daily wear and good enough for when I can be active. I've been pretty inactive due to some pretty persistent ingrown toenails. I think it's worth the money for the recording of statistics if you don't want to do it yourself.
Forged_Lotus [1264802]

I used a Fitbit HR myself, I want to upgrade to the new model soon. I love it myself but there are a lot of great options depending on what you want out of it specifically.
Mujera [1420465]

I use the FitBit tracker and love it. It's nice as my friends also use it so we challenge each other. I have friends that also use the Garmin Vivosmart as well as the Jawbone.

I think its like Forged_Lotus said, what features you want. But I doubt you can go wrong with any of the 3 I mentioned
KiwiSoldier [1902025]

I looked at buying the charge HR myself for running. What I liked about it was you could track your heart rate all the time whilst the cheaper models didn't have this feature.
But I didn't buy it because it wanted to use it to track my run routes and distance so I didn't have to take my phone with me with the "map my run" app. Unless you're spending upwards off $600NZD no activity tracker has this feature. To me they are an over priced novelty. I will get one in a year or two when GPS is standard in all models.
ThelVadam [1958440]

I have an HR, and it's a good tracker, but it starts to fall apart within about a year of getting it. I'd recommend getting one of the newer models.