Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Opinions

Started by CN_EgoStripper [1946521] on in Suggestions.

29 replies · 237 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

bogie [148747] ×2 BodyBagger [99177] ×1

CN_EgoStripper [1946521]

I do not have much time logged into this game, so do not expect me to return fire at negative comments.

I suggest an ability to "Loot Weapon" after successfully attacking an enemy. Why? If you are successful in hurting a higher ranked character and you steal his weapon, it only seems obvious to me that now they may have to wait to return another attack on you. Even an enemy that has allies may think twice about using his army to go after a player when they have a chance at disarming such great threats. Does this mean you lose your weapon all the time? No, that is where the skills and gym come along. The idea here is to add some depth and planning before making choices based on who is weak or easy, it adds some color where this game is grey. Id rather waste my limited energy on trying to attack someone who I can get more from. We could have new titles such as to show who has never been Disarmed after 500 or so fights that did not go his way. Heavy guns may limit your ability to flee safely with a large weapon.
Rino_007 [344056]

So it is perfectly acceptable to steal unique weapons that can cost 100s of millions, if not billions of dollars? Mugging you at least know your risk and often is hard to loose such an amount. If this was implemented it would reinforce my idea that cheap efficient weapons are the best route to go, since little risk in loosing something worth less than 3 million.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Are you f**king kidding me? There's no way I would want some little shit stealing my 25 billion dollar weapon.

I think as a new player you vastly under estimate how much some of us have invested into our equipment. This is probably one of the single worst suggestion threads to have been proposed.

bogie fired 3 rounds of his Gold Plated AK-47 hitting MelodyofChaos in the head for 6613
http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=a49e7c11ac30928e911d2d063751555f

WIT_KAT [1641178]

I rarely down rate but in this case I did... As previously stated some players have paid billions of dollars for their weapons... No way do I think a gang of lower level players should be able to group attack a player like bogie for instance and steal a 25 billion dollar weapon... Making that kind of money does not come easy...

KAT
Rino_007 [344056]

With this, it would allow BB to single handedly disarm and screw over those he doesn't like by taking their expensive weapons, and using cheap ones. That factored into it some players spent more than 1 billion on their weapon says absolutely not a good idea unless at the end of the fight it is returned to them.

If you can knock a weapon onto the ground, yea sure maybe, but don't think that you can steal a weapon for keeps when someone spent over 1 billion dollars on one, when originally the idea was to help deal with inflation, while making stronger weapons few could afford.

If I personally lost my weapons, I'd laugh; I can easily replace what I use, less than a day; I'd be more pissed off if I had a weapon over 10 million and I lost it.
CN_EgoStripper [1946521]

You guys are really silly. If a low level player can loot a weapon....why would it be hard for you to loot it back? It adds a layer of difficulty in being lvl 100 picking on a lvl 5 with an over damaging weapon
Rino_007 [344056]

The thing is you are greatly under estimating group attacks. also consider this; new players would be better off selling the weapon(s) to fund training and the medical bills that go with. So instead they loose a billion+ weapon (more likely 20 billion) and have to come up with that again if they want to keep the weapon.
Pex [1920528]

Nope. Just nope. Want to loot weapons from a defeated enemy? Go play COD or CS:GO. You can do that there all day.

And another thing. You just disrespected the value and integrity of quality weapons in Torn. It takes hard work to get to a high level and to acquire quality firearms. If you are into looting, loot cash instead. Don't be lazy. This game eats your time and patience.
Rino_007 [344056]

With group attacks it may actually be possible... I know it only took like 5 or 6 other high stat players to beat him before, so that said it would have to be many (new) players.