Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

HELP!! Torn COMPLETELY BROKEN on my mobile

Started by 2pac-OUT [1660674] on in Bugs & Issues.

55 replies · 542 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Unknown_Element [450910]

it is you, you have an old cheap phone, if it was torn then EVERYONE would be having an issue not just 4 people.. sheesh just get a new damn phone already and quit your whining, you act like it is the end of the world that your crappy phone isnt working.

god fobid if you cant play torn on your 2 cans and a string phone.
Swatsicle [1593313]

Accessibility is an important feature for a site of this size. The issue 2pac raises is valid and relevant.

Please, cease your 'get a new phone'-spam. It adds nothing to the conversation.
cake2 [1789908]

On my old android phone, I had to install Chrome to play Torn. My phone worked fine for everything else, but this game.

Edited to add: It was an Xperia phone that was about 3 or so years old.
68k [846690]

Same here. I was going through lots of phones in the last 4 years all android on the older OSes, I found myself having to download different browsers often just to get certain parts of the game working, or working better.
Torn is a pretty rich site, it has a lot of modern method and content. Its almost impossible to create rich content that will work on 100% of all mobiles, OS and browser combinations. You really need to get on to a new browser and your problem will go away. But you say you cant because your playstore doesnt work, and the chrome website tells you your browser is no longer supported, and your phone has a bug that isnt allowing you to sign up a google play account... sounds like your phone is pretty f**ked up and cant handle the new torn awesomeness, or even the chrome website. Who the hell uses android browser 4? Find a way to get a new browser onto your phone. Even if you have to transfer it via SD card. Else its time for a new phone.
KrakFreak [9170]

i have used mobile torn and full torn on 3 phones and multiple computers.. everything works fine...

i can replicate your problem easily... it happens everytime i max out my internet connection with downloads. then the loading bubbles appear... happens with mobile and my home internet.. stop the downloads, torn loads fine. start the downloads back up.. ohhhh the bubbles appear again...... its not torn.. its on your end....
valentinos [828140]

This prpblem started when was no major or minor update released so it must be a bug. It is working on Android Firefox but we shouldn't have to use different browsers for each Web site we visit for no real reason.
M_Mike [1707527] Tester

Yes, we have replicated the issues on a Motorola Droid Razr 540x960 android 2.3 (emulator). Seems like JS mostly does not work. We have rolled back part of functionality on development server but it hasn't helped. We are going to investigate the problem and inform you about results.
2pac-OUT [1660674]

Thanks, my last successful torn session was around 11am torn time on Tuesday

problems started after this,


once again, thanks so much for the help
2pac-OUT [1660674]

spent ages trtying to find browsers which dont need google play.. found nakrd browser, it was fast but still got stuck with loading bubbles infinitely
:-/
morlock [892988]

I play Torn between 3 different devices.
1) Blackberry Bold
2) Laptop
3) Tablet

I play mainly on my "blackberry Bold" and since last week IT WONT LOAD THE FOLLOWING on my Blackberry Bold.
1) My Items page
2) The forums
3) most of my faction pages
4) slots (it spins the wheel but the wheel never stops)
5) My mailbox

(I didn't say anything until now because I'm out often only do forum stuff on the Blackberry when I'm out doing stuff then forget when I get home)

I hope this helps your efforts somehow.

(edit: same as the 1st topic, it loaded the top half of the pages then kept trying to load the rest but it never loads.... I never travel anymore so this is in the actual torn city)

(edit #2: This started on Tuesday when I was at the beach AND it won't let me leave mobile mode any more
Torn works fine on my other devices)


morlock [892988]

if you didn't know, blackberry bold is touch screen and an actual keypad. I hate touch screens for some reason, I even have a wireless mouse and keyboard for my tablet.

I have data on my phone but not on my tablet. I only use my tablet at work on WIFI and internet at home.