I don't level hold because of life. I need all I can get.
level holding
Started by Cursed [1901987] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 147 / 147 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I don't level hold because of life. I need all I can get.
To be clear I'm 100% sure finishing hits count for defends as long as the last hit was not a failed runaway.
As for ammo I got that from prolonged fights in wars, I was only attacked because of my level and I was underestimated.
As for meds I end up in hospital more because of all noob bashers out there. So what if lose still working on a merit.
I get more criticals because I'm attacked more and I'm not wasting my e getting them.
Overall the benefits are more than just defends and yes your profile has to trick people.
I disagree for those holding level 15-29 are attacked much more frequently there are countless idiots that attack two or three times. As you get higher in levels like yourself you encounter much smarter players who understand game dynamics. If your lot in this game noob basing a lvl 17 you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.
it depends on target availability, i know i dont feel guilty about hitting a level 10 if that is the only available target, will i target them for a filler hit? probably not.
Hits like that are unavoidable whether u level hold or not. I'm talking about the level 50 player that gave me a defend and didn't land a hit who was 2200 days old. That was yesterday for reference I'm 251 days old. He was attacking me because he sucks at this game and needed to make a mandatory hit during a war. He'll probably forget and give me one tommorow too. Just one example but frequent occurrence.
I level exactly once a month on gym/crime/mug exp ^_^
Level holding is an individual choice - this thread happened every month since the game started, sometimes twice! ><
I'm not sure why people still do it, except for fun and giggles now. Just like everyone says, the life is pretty important in fights now days.
Just look at the number of awards a person has. If they are a level 20 with 250 awards, they are probably level holding, and have pretty good fighting stats.
Tried level holding once, back in the late 20'2/early 30's, couldn't do it,
I feel any experienced players don't judge solely of level and my stats give a much better indication as to what my battle stats might be.
Also life is very important, and who doesn't like seeing their level increase? It almost breaks up the monotony of playing the game.
I'll be completely honest. I am a level holder and have been for a very long time. I am also very neurotic irl and the though of leveling up makes me uncomfortable lol. It's not so much leveling up but the thought of change that make me uncomfortable. Stupid right?
No not if that is how you want to play your game...
If you're attacking it's pointless because it (severely?) limits your ability to hit players closer to your own strength in terms of battle stats in the new attacking system.
To be perfectly frank you're almost f**king useless if you keep having to hit noobs when you should be picking off big guns (due to your life not being high enough to soak up the damage coming back your way) and in the process limit how many hits the lesser lights in your faction can do (because you've already hosped half of the targets they'd normally be able to hit).
If you're defending and cheap defends are what you're after then of course level holding still works.
SERO!!!!!! WEEEEEE!!!!
Agree completely though.
I mean I do a bit of warring and as a rule I don't hit anybody below my level, I typically hit level 55s and above. Sure I may not be hitting a ton of heavy hitters but I think I do pretty well.
Extra life!
Ohhh Meggy you super nub :3
megalomaniacal hit Bezee with his perverted cuckatoo in the head for 965,839,273
Well played Meggy T_T
Mentions: Bezee [1685702] · megalomaniacal [1542618]
Level holding has been pointless ever since the old warring was removed where the higher your level the more respect you leaked, and where your respect actually got taken and your faction could be destroyed. (Have to add this in as half the people in this thread wont even know of this)
Now its purely for sucking n00bs in for free defends but really doesnt help you participate fully in a war.
This so true. I see this thread almost every month. And most of the discussions always say that there is no point in level holding. As a level holder myself, I would like to tell all the haters that you are...
RIGHT. So very right.
Aside from the obvious difference in life during attacks, busting is also harder for lower levels. If I am not mistaken your level also helps in busting people from jail.
Before, level holding also prevents you from completing some education courses. (The double weapons one?)
So why do I level hold?
It just seems cool for me. :p I want to be fast enough not to be hit. I want to be strong enough to defeat people fast. And if I do get hit, I want to be tough enough to endure it. Just like in 3d mmorpg, I always choose the AGI type. I guess that also reflects during my gameplay here in TORN. :p
You are barely even a level holder. You'd be at the bottom of the faction's memberlist even with those few other levels.
The extra life would've prolonged the fights further, and you'd barely have been attacked less.
How can you even claim (earlier in the thread) that fights where life matters are rare?
Do you only ever attack super-weaklings?
I was a holder back in the day, and even back then life mattered FAR more than rarely. It mattered a lot. Now it matters more.
I was s lv holder in the old system but in this new one the smallest amount of life you have over someone could be the reason they lose
Edit: Typo
Your right I'm barely holding and because I'm only 252 days I have no experience in the game.