Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stocks not stacking

Started by Poizon [1573005] on in Bugs & Issues.

22 replies · 150 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Poizon [1573005]

Woke up today bought some stocks, went to stack them and they don't want to stack. The page keeps kicking me back to the stock market.
Poizon [1573005]

So I tried in Firefox with some luck. I posted a picture to show the problem I ran into. The stocks stacked but this could be an issue later Idk. Many thanks.
inshaala [1898640]

I'm having this problem. But it is a minor one when compared to the inability to split stocks: I want to sell off 10,000 empty lunchbox shares so was trying to split. It didn't work for anything near that so I tried to split just 10 to test if there was an upper limit. It worked but now I can't split 10 again nor can I stac it backk. I'm using safari on an iPad...(up to date)
Poizon [1573005]

Mr Chedburn,
I tried again on the Maxthon browser with no luck on stacking, splitting, or selling. These are the ones I have tried so far. In the Firefox browser they work slightly, but they throw an error first. I have uploaded an image showing the error. Once you see the error you can refresh and either you get, when you split, two splits of the amount you wanted, and when you go to sell it says they are already on the market. When I removed from the market they removed into a bunch of split parts.
I hope this helps and if you need anything else please let me know.
PoizonReaper [1573005]


MomentoMori [1922235]

I am having the same problem, I can't stack stocks either anymore...I am using an updated version of Safari on iPad also
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

You all get "Wrong RFC" error? I need to know the specifics, exactly what happens when you do something specific.
Drieke [1307523]

I use firefox.
If I stack my stocks it looks like the command is executed twice. First time the stocks are stacked and right after that I get the error message: These are not your shares to stack.
If I try to split the stocks, e.g. 10 from 100, I end up with 2 stacks of 10 and 1 of 80
MomentoMori [1922235]

I don't actually get an on screen error message, but when I attempt to stack stocks it just kicks me back to the stock market screen, when I go back into my portfolio to check my stocks remain unstacked.
Butters [34298]

No wrong RFC error here - just taken back to the main stock exchange screen (instead of back to the portfolio screen).

Doesn't seem to be a problem when stacking, but the split seems to be done twice. Feel free to play around with the SYM block (500,001 shares) at the bottom of my portfolio if you like.

Browser: Google ChromeVersion 44.0.2403.157 m (latest version).
Dravid [1845060]

Just to confuse the issue some more (Using Chrome, Windows PC)...

When I tried earlier to split a block, it split my block into 3 blocks not 2, with the 2 blocks being the same amount. E.g. Splitting 50 shares off, would result in my main block, plus 2 additional blocks of 50 each. I didn't have any problems with stacking them back into the one block.

However, I tried using my laptop while flying to split the block and it worked.
MomentoMori [1922235]

Just tried using my laptop while flying and as above can confirm that I was able to stack my stocks as normal. The problem persists otherwise.