Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Can't send mails

Started by Champion [1927067] on in Bugs & Issues.

21 replies · 168 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Pnoexz [1504330]

I'm having the same issue every once in a while. This is a very volatile bug, its reproduction rate is low, even under the same conditions. Problem is the textarea loads with the style "visibility:hidden", so my guess is the WYSIWYG javascript is messing up (mostlikely by not removing this in all of the cases), but it could be a different number of things.


[image: i.gyazo.com]

How I got this. Go to my faction link on sidebar, click on a random person's profile, click on the envelope icon.

User agent string, in case you find it useful: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0

I was just able to reproduce this while having the developer console open on the network tab. As you can see in the screenshot, all the TINYMCE js files are loaded before the loading of messages.php through AJaX. Given the A (to bring down the WYSIWYG editor) doesn't work if the textarea is hidden, I can only assume that TINYMCE is running only once before the loading of the content though AJaX, instead of running again on ajax.success(). This would also explain why sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it depends too much on the loading speed of the message box content.

[image: i.gyazo.com]
BabyJ420 [883585]

Same issue. It happens every time I try to mail a reply using the message just received in the mailbox. It also happens if I try to go to their profile and start a new message but not every time.
Valaskjalf [1503919]

Trying to send mail replying from mail box. At first the reply window wouldnt load...cleared cache restarted. Not it loads and I can type out the message but the send button does nothing. Windows 7 Pro Chrome

To be honest this is getting ridiculous...after Tuesdays and or Friday updates seemingly unrelated parts of the game ends up broke. Tuesday this week there was around 70 confirmed bugs in the early morning by midnight Tuesday there was 100 confirmed....
Bearstalker [329533]

i am also getting this exact problem.

it seems to make no differance how i try mailing them, more often than not the text box for typing doesnt show.

yesterday i had a higher success rate when replying to someones message than trying to sent a new one.

for a while i thaught i had been message banned? not that i have done anything to get it.

but looking now it seems i am not the only one its happened to.

please sort it quickly, its seriously hindering gameplay
Damia [975347]

Same here. I still can't reply through my inbox.

I have to go to the person's profile, click on their envelope to reply which is a pain.


12Digitdan [5510]

Identical issue here. Both on my tablet and my PC and from any approach to the message. It is somewhat random but predominantly not working for me.
Tsar_Peter_I [421066]

I cannot send new messages, only reply to existing ones. The text field is simply greyed out.

Chrome and Edge on Windows 10, as well as Chrome on Android.
SweetDeandra [1791461]

I've sent mails twice today and each time I get a little error saying "You can only send a mail every 10 seconds" or something like that. But the mails still go through.



Not the exact same problem but could be related.

Edit: Sent another so I could attach screenshot

[image: i.imgur.com]
Shady_Lady [1729682]

I am getting the same exact problems.

Cannot send replies, I must make a new message (click person account, then click mail)

I get "you can only send a message every 10 seconds"

I've gotten this after sending mail:

Wrong RFC.

On a blank screen.