Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Travel options

Started by karkanister [1936031] on in Suggestions.

13 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
karkanister [1936031]

Currently Torn city have the only option of travelling to a location and coming back to torn.

>> How about introducing a system which player can travel from one location to another ? At least by coming back to a specific country ?

For example:-

>> We have already a banking ability in Cayman Islands. Keep it as it is

>> Add a Vault option in Canada, Which can hold purchased items. (Add an upgrade option to increase the capacity of the vaults *eg: start a vault which can hold 25 items, which can be upgraded up to 100 items)

>>Add a travel agency in Mexico

>>Add an option to fly back to mexico in each locations

>> Player should be only allowed to travel back to mexico only if he has enough money to travel to Mexico from the current location

How does it works:-
A player travelling to Africa, Does some hunting, Collecting some items, going back to mexico, from their to canada, Stores the items in vault, then back to mexico and from their for more item buys. If he ran out of money, can travel to Cayman islands and can continue.

Another alternate option is:
Create a travel agency in each locations. (this will avoid "coming back to mexico")

NB: I selected Cayman islands,Canada and Mexico as they are really close to Torn. He/She must have the money to travel to mexico from the current location.

Thank you !
Cursed [1901987]

i think this is a bad idea, it makes travelling more profitable, and useful, it already makes enough money
1875860 [1875860]

I think it can be abused during wars, but aside from that it sounds like fun. It would actually give people a reason to travel other than money & merits.
Cursed [1901987]

the principal is bad, if i can fly just non stop, then the amount of people in torn goes donw, campers go p, and i dont think it wold be implemented
Kakabu [1932221]

Although a slim minority, there might be people that want to utilize the perks from other countries, like the fortune teller and of course the rehab and the cayman bank w/o traveling back to Torn...I'm not saying I agree with the idea of a multi-country travel, but I'm on the fence on this suggestion....I could see a 1 trip extension, like from country A to country B and then you have to go back to Torn being a lot more reasonable than "country hopping". I also am not sure I like some of the ideas for adding things to countries that the OP suggested.
Kakabu [1932221]

Questions for OP: why the overemphasis on Mexico? (I know you say it's close to Torn but why not the Cayman or Canada?) Would there be a limit to how much you can country hop?
karkanister [1936031]

In that case, There are two options -



1 - Add a time limit :- Lets say, One who get out of the torn, should be back in torn with in 48 or 72 hours(Only if he/she choose to multi country travel). (Just like real world visiting visas); If anyone breaks law, he/she shall be kept in prison for a period of time (5-10 hours),(add financial fine also) and will be sent back to torn by the present country authorities

2- Add a travel limit :- Allow a person only to limited number of travels Eg: I travel to Mexico, bought some items, Went to Canada, kept my items in the vault, came back to Mexico(Where travel agency is), Went to SA, done some haunting, Came back to Mexico and from their to Canada, and its over. In that case, I traveled 5 times after leaving Torn. Keep the 6th travel option only "Back to Torn"

* I kept 3 different countries to make multi country travelling is "Not an easy option + Money consuming+Time consuming"