51 replies · 536 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 5 likes · I don't really rely on the mail system for anything other than random mails/stock benefits/faction stuff... anything else I use chat/IRC/other chats elsewhere. I'd say I've got a good group of Torn friends, a bunch of which I wouldn't even …
SeaLion[250755]
· 4 likes · If we hit it off nicely maybe for a day or two. Unfortunately I cannot accommodate anything more. Company is like fish, it starts to smell after a few days. Perfect diet, I tend to cook 5+ nights a week …
So, I logged in today and had two whole messages :D :D
I couldn't wait to see who pm'd me and maybe get into some deep conversation with a good friend.
But then there's this moment when you click, and you're all excited, and its just some BB procs :/
I play Torn for the social aspect! But maybe I don't have enough friends? I'm not talking about the friend count either! I'm talking about friends you chat with regularly.
How many friends do you guys have that you keep good communication with? Do BB procs ever break your heart? Is the social aspect a primary motivation for playing torn or do you focus on other things?
I don't really rely on the mail system for anything other than random mails/stock benefits/faction stuff... anything else I use chat/IRC/other chats elsewhere. I'd say I've got a good group of Torn friends, a bunch of which I wouldn't even call Torn friends so much as real life friends, I meet up with people from Torn on a regular basis that I'd first met here...
The social aspect of Torn is what keeps me playing it, and I'm sure many others too, even if to hang out with people from their factions or just randomers in global chat, gives us something to do other than just mash buttons churning out crimes, that turns in to a bit of a chore...
All my friends I brought with me when I joined has quit for various reasons. I still have some close friends that play that I have met here. It does saddens me that all my best buddies have left. I suppose that is why I am so pro-new player protection and helpers. The hate that is expressed here in the forums, would make most new players here quit and not look back. Sad thing is the staff does not care. You would think they would but don't. Player reports gets ignored or brushed under the rug. Like I said they just don't care. Torn growth means nothing if new players are just ran off by the same jerks. I have made countless suggestions to retain new players to only have the same people flame or troll my threads.
I gave up long ago. The only person who will or can change this is Ched.
Being staff is my play style, if I left or was demoted for any reason, I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself or my time playing. Obviously I'd still trade and chain or whatever but it'd just feel empty so to speak, just doing crimes, training and chaining.
I had a few close friends from Mercs who I've lost touch with, a few other friends who have sadly quit or who don't really come online anymore.
Other than that I have lost touch with people or don't really have anyone who I mail on a regular basis anymore.
When I log in it's either questions, stock benefits, faction mails or new player automated mails.
Seems to be harder to become friends with people, maybe I'm just socially awkward :P
No, sorry I must have worded my original post wrong, I meant being staff opens up a whole new play style.
I play as a normal player would but play as a staff member also, as I said I still train, do crimes, merit hunt, chain frequently, travel and trade mainly. I meant being staff is another style of game play for me, if that went then to be entirely honest, there'd just be an empty feeling.
My real life best friend plays... Plus I have a few other friends I talk to in Chats or PM's... When I am not busy with Staff stuff or finding time to play my game I like to Chat with other staff members... or in the faction Chat... I also frequent the forums a lot... Both because I enjoy it (except for trolls) and for staff duties...
I have a few friends i've met along the way i talk to almost everyday,some i talk to slightly less but because of who they are i'd be even more loyal to and some great faction buddies i talk to everyday in faction chat.My RL best friend plays but i don't talk to him that much on here.
My RL best friend plays, another RL friend plays, I have friends from here I met in RL, and more that I will meet.
I tend to talk to people rather sporadically. Might be 1yr+ with no talking, and then big bursts. We all meet so many new people, change factions, get busy in RL, etc. So it is nice to meet people I like to talk to on occasion without having the need to talk to them everyday. It is also nice to progress to the point of more communication, and RL meetups. Just depends where everyone is at in their life journey.
Nicely said.. If i come to Ca. can i crash on your couch?? I promise i won't stay longer than a year & won't eat to much of your food since im on a diet. Just the fresh fruits & veggie's. & Im kinda a big fella so I expect you'll have in industrial strength toilet that doesn't crack easy. & I'm not wiping my ass with anything less than Charmin. So what ya say man, help a brutha out ??
If we hit it off nicely maybe for a day or two. Unfortunately I cannot accommodate anything more. Company is like fish, it starts to smell after a few days. Perfect diet, I tend to cook 5+ nights a week consisting of a grain/bread/starch, greens, 4-6oz portion of meat (usually white meat), and fresh fruit. So you should lose weight pretty well, however it is $130-150 a month for three people so expect to throw down $40-50. My toilet is very strong as it supported me before my weight loss in the 300+ range (and the buffet runs), and I only use Charmin, usually ultra strong, but every now and then I switch to the ultra soft variety. I would hope you enjoy some Hipster craft beer as well. See you soon.
You just missed dinner tonight though. Japanese style sticky rice with sesame seeds and ginger, lightly battered asian inspired honey teriyaki salmon, steamed rice with minimal butter added during steam process, lightly pan fried in olive oil salmon with garlic spice blend (garlic powder, sea salt, parsley, cumin, seasoned peppercorns, and a splash of chile powder), with steamed squash and zuchini. A little larger than a typical plate I serve, but it was a long day.