Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Monitor question...

Started by Beerstein [1322136] on in Technology.

8 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Beerstein [1322136]

So I got a new monitor 2 days ago, when I closed a game today this came up...(it was completely static non moving) turning it off and on again fixed the issue.

http://i.imgur.com/2ERkogm.jpg


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-009-728


This is my first monitor that uses IPS paneling, is this something I need to worry about and get a replacement now? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I wanted to double check since I absolutely need a monitor at all times right now and waiting for a replacement isn't an option, this could cause some serious hassle.
PimpChu [1284243]

id be inclined to say its a GPU problem or possibly a cable issue.. what brand/model, and how is it connected?



has it happened since? its certainly nothing to do with having an IPS monitor.