Okay so I have just recently discovered the temporary items Serotonin, Epinephrine and Melatonin, which are used individually to passively boost defence, strength and speed, respectively, whilst in combat and decided to try them out and use one for myself.
I decided to test out Melatonin as it was the cheapest option and I had absolutely no idea what to expect. This is what's listed under the information tab for melatonin:
The Melatonin is a Temporary Weapon
Melatonin reduces the effects of disease and pain and in other tests, Melatonin can possibly increase one's concentration levels. When used in combat, this booster will provide a massive bonus to speed.
I decided to test Melatonin on a high level target (Level 61) whom I always struggle to beat as we often stalemate due to the fact my speed is quite low and thus rarely hit him. However, whilst under the influence of Melatonin, I found the attack was over very quickly due to the fact I could actually hit him.
My question is what is the 'massive bonus' Melatonin provides? What percentage/multiplier increase happens whilst under the influence of Melatonin?
All answers/theories will help, and if you can, please state the percentage increase or multiplier of the other two temporary items I mentioned at the start of the thread. Thanks.
-SadisticSkuller
Although I haven't tried these yet, do the effects only last the duration of combat? Or do they linger like a drug cool down? If they linger, surely there's some place on your profile that the Melatonin effects would be displayed...so my guess is it isn't displayed...I'll be interested to see what other Mela users' info is!
It's pretty interesting actually, I expected there to be a booster-esque cool down but there isn't. I also thought it would expire after you finish the attack you use it in, however I was wrong. I wasn't paying attention to the exact time but I'm pretty sure it lasts 90 secs. It was certainly enough time for me to get 4/5 attacks in before the bonus expired. I strongly urge you to at least try them, to me they seem to give a substantial boost to stats and may be especially useful if your stats are not that high.
I wouldn't suggest using them every time you attack as that would be costly, but whenever you need to take down a higher level target you should definitely give using these items some thought.
Before everyone rushes out and buys temporary stat boosters, be aware that you can't equip them till you complete your bachelor of biology.
Haha didn't even know that. Thanks for that Ekko.
Each of the medical boosters actually last 120 seconds and if you do multiple hits in quick succession you can use more than one type... ie use a melatonin on attack one, equip and use an epi on attack 2 for that particularly tough target
With roughly 4B balanced stats, I have beaten a number of foes with well over 10B stats with relative ease using both of those boosters.
This makes for interesting tactics against some people.
One thing I'm curious about if you use another of the same type does it just refresh the boosters or does it stack? I never tried so I never knew that part.
Cant use another of the same type till the first runs out but its possible to have one of each of the 3 on the counter at once if you work quickly enough.
Combine with a vico and turn your stats into something they are not... temporarily anyway.
Yea... I'd say that would make for one nasty attack to beat most players down with..... I mean wouldn't the modifier be something like +70% to your stats? For someone at 1 billion in each stat.... that is 3 (or 4) years of training from a temporary weapon and drug use at the stat cap.
It's pretty amazing to me how you can boost your stats by so much, so easily even if it is temporarilily. I mean as Tiger said, all you have to do is act quickly and you can easily get 3+ attacks in using this method.. and to use all the above together shouldn't be more than 2-3m which is cheap considering how much your stats get boosted by.
I've never seen these boosters used against me in attack logs but I'm starting to wonder whether they are more commonly used than I originally suspected 0.o
For you players with stats in the billions, you must really benefit off some of these..
When completely clean and on vico, all my stats are +60 to 70% because of education bonuses and the 25% from vico. With the boosters, depending on which I use, they have to shoot near +100% give or take.
I know for me since I restarted money it is not something I would do lightly. But i was inactive for several years and I am not near where I should be with stats with age. And I seriously thought Tiger was well over 4b stats by now.
So effectively doubling your stats, wow. Is the bonus/multiplier increase unknown?
Now this gives rise to another question, can you go over 100% (like w/ E and Happy)?
Sadly only #132. A little too much mugging and chaining... thats why I know so much about the boosters [:wink:]
I knew you did a bunch of mugging back then. I just thought you did it mainly to fuel "making your own money". But at that point could you even really flip a profit mugging with all those boosters? it seems like youd have to be very selective
Haven't tested it very scientifically, but from experience the Melatonin boost roughly quadruples my speed upon use. The effect lasts multiple attacks/defends for as long as the cooldown timer is active and stacks with other temp injections.
Coupled with vicodin and various passives through merit purhases, you can quite easily take on enemies who out-stat you.