Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Delete

Started by The-Wiz [1870366] on in Graveyard.

67 replies · 1.33k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Nukem [1063346]

Competitions usually start on the 5th anyway... so my guess is they are just testing it and it was released by accident :(
Tessa [1949678]

Is there really a way to opt out of this event? If so, I would love to! Otherwise, as a low level new player I'll be spending all my game time in the hospital. Unfortunately as of now my HP announcement isn't "clickable", there are no links attached.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Special tags to collect? Wonder what Duke's tag is worth... that'll be one that has to be gained super quickly if so... as he'll be stealing tags from others by mugging them for the contest.

I fully expect to end on 0 tags either way xD I never stealth so can't exactly lay low and imagine I'm on a lot of peoples' radar as well... couldn't get the final dog tag merit from years previous even...
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

We did look at allowing people to opt out, but it kinda ruins the whole concept. It only works if everyone is participating (or at least, if everyone starts with a dog tag).

- Stealing a dog tag is no longer guaranteed. There is a high chance, which reduces to a low chance if the same person is being targeted over and over again.

I think that will really change things up. If someone finds out you have dog tags, you might lose a few initially, but it won't be worth attacking you for them after a while. Also, because the dog tags being taken is random, you can somewhat prevent people from taking high scoring tags by buffing your collection with lots of low scoring tags.

Anyway - I think it's going to be very interesting. And we'll certainly be making changes / adapting as the competition unfolds.



bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You return dog tag to xxx
You return dog tag to xxx
You return dog tag to xxx


Someone mugged you and stole $1,798 [view] 2015/09/08 6:01:14 PM

Too late! :@ I play by my own rules!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
  • Someone mugged you and stole $0. bogie`s +50 dog tag was taken. [view] 2015/09/08 6:21:55 PM
  • Someone mugged you and stole $5,020 [view] 2015/09/08 6:19:24 PM
  • Someone mugged you and stole $1,798 [view] 2015/09/08 6:01:14 PM



    So damn typical xD was trying to pay BB to mug me and hold onto my tag for safe keeping he gets nothing twice, then some randomer mugs it off me :P

    If whoever has it is willing to drop me a message <.< I have a proposition for you...
    That's me done with this contest I s'pose xD
Kobayashi [1676075]

Actually i do think this competition is already biased towards the active players that will compete in this competition who have high value dog tags, as they are already 100's ahead keeping their own tag.

If tags are stolen from the highest value first it makes it more interesting, but if it's taken from the lowest value, then well everyone who has a tag valued below 25 might as well stop now.

EDIT: Reread cheds post, but still random losses still fall in favour of those with active comp status and high value tags, take Bogie for example has a tag worth 50, if his is returned at the end of the comp then he's straight away on a 500 score.