Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

jumping chat

Started by Link [1839549] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 41 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Link [1839549]

Hello,

I have an issue with my chat box, every time somebody posts a message the chat jumps to the oldest message in the chat. I have tried disabling and enabling the chat with no change (it only deletes the history).

I have tried logging out and back in with no change.

I have tried clearing my browser history, closing my browser and logging back in with no change.

I am using IE 9 and this is the first time I have had this issue with the chat boxes, which appears to be slightly different to the other chat issue currently posted in this forum.

Any advice to resolve this problem would be appreciated.


bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Ah didn't see this post before I made a report of my own, experiencing the same on mobile version of IE, cant use FF or chrome as an alternative as neither exist for windows phone! :(
DarkAngelLord [1721095]

Problem exists, I have it too, however it is NOT your browser or operating system or mobile device it is a TORN BUG. Chat Boxes have frequently been having problems on and off for YEARS, Yep YEARS. Torn needs to dismantle the whole Chat Box programming / module and start from scratch and do it right ... call it Chat Box 2.0 to be released with other future releases :)