Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

"Harassment"

Started by Drab [1926029] on in Graveyard.

10 replies · 167 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Drab [1926029]

I was wondering if there is a threshold for combat where it becomes harassment? When an incredibly experienced player continuously attacks a new, never before played, established newbie it becomes ridiculous. And I don't understand it either, what is to gain by doing this?

It is happening to a recruit of mine and while he says he will just deal with it, it seems this predatory behavior might stifle new player entry. I understand the nature of the game before I get flamed about the hardcore nature and mechanics of the game, I am just speaking and asking logically. And I can assure you there was no instigation on my recruits part, I have known the individual personally for over a decade.

Thanks for any input.
Drab
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

It's probably nothing to worry about.. Just the current dog tag competitions makes sure everyone gets attacked alot.. I also get mugged like 5-10 times a day, mostly people that just randomly mug instead of looking at their attacks made to see if they're actually competing.
Jobby [1640111]

It would be unusual for a completely one sided continued harrasment campaign...it's a waste of time and money.

But to be honest, unless your friend is in a faction thats at war...or has a wedge of cash he won't hide from mugs....chances are your friend pissed someone off.
Cursed [1901987]

it is unlikely a single person, as it would be much more efficient for them to bounty, it is most likely them assuming "someone" is a player instead of stealthed players
1875860 [1875860]

Some people do use combat to extort people, but in most cases someone is simply angry or jealous.

Does your friend have money, does he like to voice his opinion and/or did someone choose to marry him over another player?
Drab [1926029]

Nah he doesn't have money, his dogtags are long gone, he is married to his real wife since near his start of the game, no faction and keeps to himself. I will double check to make sure some of them arent stealth attacks, but he has linked the actual player "someone" on more than one occasion. And after messaging him to see what's up, he will say he will stop and immediately attack him again. Same thing when I diplomatically messaged the person to see what's up, as I wouldn't stand a chance either.

Thanks for the feedback though, I expected to get burnt a little on this one. But it's still early in the day ;)
HandsomePants [1897243]

Yeah if sending one or two (relatively) polite mails hasn't done anything, the best course of action is to just totally disengage. Med out, train, crimes, travel (if possible), rinse/repeat. Probably grave this thread and anything else similar.

And to answer the original question, there's no threshold for combat where the game admins would do anything to stop it. As long as there's no actual harassment in the form of chat/mail/unsolicited noods/etc, it's just "part of the game".
Drab [1926029]

alright well thanks anyway. I figured this thread was a long shot, and dangerous as far as drawing fire myself but it kind of sucks.

anyway, id wipe this thread out but I dont see an option to do so.