[image: i280.photobucket.com] [image: i280.photobucket.com]I thought it would be fun to share how we came to live in Torn.
Here is the story of how I and my husband found ourselves in this fine city:
Santoryu and I met a long time ago, in the conventional way a man meets a woman. We exchanged our howdie dos and swiftly began competing in everything. If he could lift 3 boxes of AK-47s, I would try for 4 boxes of AK-47s. If I could shoot a flys eye at a hundred yards, he could shoot a bacterium at one thousand. If he could rob a bank Id paint my butt on The Louvre. We found as we continued to compete that we were evenly matched, which makes bettering the other much more fun.
Love began to bloom from our battles, and instead of competing we began our co-ops. We were a force to be reckoned with, combining our talents to pull the best heists. I stilll remember the day we stole Donald Trumps toupees, and the moment Lady Gaga discovered her gold strait jacket was missing? Priceless.
Our love became so strong that we could not see a life without each other. So we got married.
But the more heists we pulled, the more bored we got. Life in the regular world was not epic enough for us. Thats when we heard about Torn, a bustling metropolis of scum and villainy. It was then we knew we would find an endless supply of like-minded criminals to share our interests of destruction and plundering, rogues who would provide us with the excitement we needed. So we hopped in our Ferrari 458 and made our way to the city. We have met some amazing jerks, and have both determined we finally found a place to call home.
What is
your Torn story?
I joined because a friend reccomended it to me, I've been through 3 accounts(this being my third and most successful lol) and have not been very lucky in either. I've managed to piss off many powerful people, and paid the price in many things. When I started Torn I wasn't doing so well, many financial problems( I convinced 5 friends to join the game, I had been trying to give them all money and such and it didn't work out well for me), but eventually got some help and went on my merry way.
I soon made another mistake, I chatted in Global, in recent games it had been safe to chat in the Global Chat, but in Torn I got screwed over by people who didn't welcome me there. I soon learned to not talk in Global and moved to the Forums, which I try to stay as active as possible in.
Once I got back on my feet I did many things I thought helped, like pay off random bounties and such. It did help some but I lost a lot of money from it and found myself broke again lol.
Later on on I decided to make a company, it failed so I hung low for awhile and then started another one, that cycle happened 3 more times so in total I had 4 failed companies, and yet another large money loss. That took me an immensely long time to recover from and I still regret making a company.
For awhile I faced many problems(mainly financial) but then got more help from friends. I got a lot of money and started trying to help as much as I can. That's where I'm at now, helping new players, buying off bounties, and giving money to people who are at a financial crisis. I will soon be at a loss of money again and will restart the cycle, but until then I'm hoping I can help lots of people and maybe get a few more people to join the game.
That's my Ill-written Torn Story!
Hahah, that's a pretty fun story, Thrail! And certainly a noble, yet maybe slightly cautionary tale for all new Torn users. :)
Lesson to all: Don't be like me on Torn lol.
I have a very realistic story about my short albeit interesting stay here.
To start from the beginning, It was my day off from work. It was a pleasant day, the kind of day on which you just sit and think about stuff, while staring into the blue sky above. I was relaxing and lying on my bed and enjoying the scenery outside my window, when a thought popped up into my mind, it was a thought about an anime, a really great anime that was made in the 90's, they don't make 'em like that anymore.
After thinking about it for a while, i couldn't resist, i just had to watch it, it was too awesome not to watch, so, I went on a quest to find that anime, i searched the internet, from the shallow end of google, to the deep end of any site i could find that had the anime. Finally, it was that moment, I had found my favorite anime, I clicked the link and a strange but curiously attractive advertisement appeared... It was for none other than.. Torn!
But that wasn't the day that i clicked the link, no, as it was not written in the stars above.
After 13 hrs of intense watching of the anime, I finally.. shut off my laptop and went to sleep.
When i woke up, i could not get that enticing advert out of my mind, it was like first love, when you cannot get someone out of your head, no matter how hard you try, I tried playing other games on my laptops, ones with exceptional graphics, ones with explosions and super powers and all kinds of excitement anyone could ask for in a video game. But it was still there, the image, that banner. I just had to move to torn. How could i not? It was so appealing!
My mind was overwhelmed. After 24 long hours, i finally decided to sign up and move.
There it was, a wonderful strange city of, Torn!
When i first came here, I was lost. On the first day, i had nothing, but i managed, even though I had read up on this city, it was much harder to do the things than just reading them.
I was a simple guy from a simple town, torn was a big hustle and bustle city, but i managed, got a wrong low paying job at first, lived in a shack.
It was rough, i had to take up a life of small crime. Had to attack and mug some people. Got good at them too, but lost some too. I still do it, because once you've got the taste for blood, it don't just go away. Started to buff myself up, went to the gym everyday, still do, it's peaceful, just clicking away at the weights.
5 days in i learned almost everything i could to make my first million and i did. After knowing enough, I got some of my friends to join in, they're good people. They did, we talk almost everyday, it's good to have someone to talk to or the life of crime and blood of the innocents will eat you alive. I did some kindness, as much as i could, went legit too, selling stuff. Got me some education, so i won't be stupid.
Few more days passed and i got a message from a friend about a good paying job, I applied. It got a little better after that. So finally, it's today and i'm good. Doing well. Cleaned up myself. No drugs.. yet.
It's my 12th day today and I'm happy... well, i was, until someone ruined my mood with their stupidity. But hey... That's the life, in Torn City...
That's a really good spin. What's the anime?
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 1993-94 :)
I found Torn by finding a awesome ad and I went to bed but the ad left so I had a stakeout looking at it then I saw the ad again and clicked it , read a little then signed up and been playing ever since and was confused but I still told my sister and I know now.
It's pretty awesome seeing girls playing this game. I'm always happy the more do, and hope that someday we overrun the guys. Bwahahahahahahh....
Your username is interesting. Are you spreading environmental awareness to the players as you go? :P
There isn't much of a story as to how I arrived in Torn, but there are things to tell about my stay here.
The computer I use lags whenever I play large-size games such as Flash games, so I have adapted to playing text-based games.
I prefer RPGs of that type, those games where you don't need an account to play, you just visit the URL and there is perhaps a background story, with actions you can choose to take at every step which will affect your final result.
Well, I found Torn through a search for "text based rpg" and decided to try, why not?
The first 7 days I have to say I had no memory of signing up here, so I did not log in at all.
Then when I started playing I thought $10k was a lot of money, so I invested it in the bank for 3 months and recently withdrew it, with my profit of a whopping $1168.
I remember thinking that my stats were increasing so fast when I completed the new player missions which required you to train up to 16 strength.
I had also wasted my new player refills on training with 100 happy in the good old shack.
But I got a job in a company fairly quickly and a property with 800 happy, which I thought was a lot, all because I got jailed for something trivial - probably stealing a box of extra strong mints.
I didn't get donator status until about 2 months ago (purchased, because I had barely any TCD then) and yesterday I finally decided I should have gotten a P.I. all along.
I'm still here after 118 days and I guess I will still be here 118 days later.
It's a good thing, too! Torn is a wonderful community for criminals and vagabonds. Welcome to the family!
I definitely know where you're coming from. My husband thought it was a big thing to get $100. It was pretty fun to watch him get excited over something so small. But now we've grown.
We just recently got our own PI, and we are going to add an airstrip once our lease is up.
I am god of torn....I've always been and always will be
Pretty certain Chedburn is God.... :P
It all started with a girl...doesn't it always? She was gorgeous but her heart is as black as coal. I have no clue how I fell for her but she put me under her spell despite knowing the consequences. She was escaping to Torn for reasons she wasn't telling me and I was hellbent on following. She only had to whisper the suggestion in my ear and I was following her lead, it didn't help that I've never gotten along with my family and especially my father... More times than not, I snuck out to meet her with bruises showing. I thought what we had was love, still do. Being the fool I am, I asked her to marry me after buying a ring with the little that I had... Now all I'm waiting for is an answer.
Although, I'm beginning to wonder if the only one who has my back is George.
I grew up in an upper middle class family and at the tender age of 18 I traveled to Torn in search of some excitement to break up the monotony of suburban life. I had only intended to stay here for a little while, but three days in, I met and married my first husband, so I decided I might as well move here permanently. After about a year, things started going wrong in my family, so I had to go back home for quite a while. When I got back to Torn, I found that my husband had divorced me, so I put a bounty out on him just for a laugh. About a month later, I married my current husband and we now live on a Private Island, although I still travel back and forth between Torn and home on occasion.