I play some other text-based web games, and most of them have community-built browser plugins and such to enhance gameplay, like NS++ for [redacted]. Now, I've seen some references to this kind of thing on the forums, but I haven't seen a name.
Does anybody have any good extensions for Torn?
Firstly I suggest you remove the name of another game or this will be graved.
Secondly, sadly as far as I am aware there are not many 'userscripts' that remain, the only one I use is the one to help with city finds, all the others are broken.
Ched made sure with Respo that all userscripts would be destroyed, some might think he did not intend to but I believe he knew exactly what he was doing, he thought that because players had to create userscripts to fix or replace a shitty part of the game he had failed.
Now there is no shame in failing, you can not get everything right all the time, so instead of destroying these highly talented people's work he should be thanking them, and in some cases offering them a job and get rid of his over-paid by the hour developers that take months to do something and in the end it has 100s of bugs.
Your players are passionate Ched, listen to them and let them help you.
Mentions:
[Userscript] War Base Extended 2.4.0
That's some serious paranoia there, ONE major patch does not constitute an attack on the modding/scripting community, in fact it's about as tame as it gets regarding gaming. Try playing World of Tanks where every patch breaks 90% of mods and they have frequent patches.
Torn Stats Script and Warbase Extended still work fine.
In all honesty, though I liked to use cyberdude's script, i'm glad RESPO patched the scripts being used when considering the amount of players using mugging scripts at the time.
there is also city watch which is a program which costs 50 points in point building which gives you notifications and stuff
respo killed most of the scripts because the engione base was changed. A side effect of this was stop the serial buy/mug , bountycannon scripts, autobuy scripts, auto med out scripts etc etc
these scripts where deamed to give an unfair advantage
also writing a script is not exactly hard work, most schoolkids can do it now
and the devs have better things to do than tweaking an already extremely easy game to play for boneidle kids
WoT has been ruined not by the patchs etc but by the total lack of teamwork, usually the kids again