Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Private Islands

Started by ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861] on in General Discussion.

16 replies · 383 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
32
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chaos_Greg [46203] ×1 BigNemesis [74296] ×1 Healen [78092] ×1 LeukyBear [83808] ×1 David [132845] ×1 bogie [148747] ×1 rudias [391053] ×1 diON [432049] ×1 Spectre [883184] ×1 Tezwar [1034523] ×1 xxx_alone_xxx [1306506] ×1

ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]

It's not really a goal any more. I worked hard for years until I finally saw that graphic, and it was mine at last!

They are too easy too acquire. This probably belongs in the suggestions thread but do we need higher, more expensive properties? A new goal?

I know there are a handful of special mega properties out there but!

Would be nice of there was another goal to go for after the PI that you had to save up for, again :)
WIT_KAT [1641178]

Yes there are higher more expensive properties... Bogie and Evil Duck happily live in one... I know there is a thread somewhere that list them but can't at this time remember where to give you a link... Anyone else?

I know Chaos Greg Just bought one too...
bcfcespley [181564]

I agree it is no longer a goal, but neither would be adding a new property for $1,000,000,000. As most people would also obtain that instantly and be back to square one.
Cursed [1901987]

the PI is the (obtainable) cap, as soon as you introduce higher properties, you will get threads just like this, that they are too easy to acquire, and they will be rented out to noobier players

head for the uniques, thats a goal to aim for......
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Queen Eleanor (7950) - David [132845]
Drakkar Sea Fort (7700) - bogie [148747]
Eagle Island (7250) - BigNemesis [74296]
Royal Penthouse (7200) - David [132845]
Cerium Temple (7200) - xxx_alone_xxx [1306506]
Trekant Tower (7200) - LeukyBear [83808]
St. Pauls Abbey (7200) - Chaos_Greg [46203]
Iron Fist Hill (7125) - Healen [78092]
Maidengrave (6750) - rudias [391053]
Presidential Bunker (6750) - Spectre [883184]
USS Bloodbath (6300) - diON [432049]
Silo X17 (6000) - Tezwar [1034523]

Mentions: BigNemesis [74296] · bogie [148747] · Chaos_Greg [46203] · David [132845] · diON [432049] · Healen [78092] · LeukyBear [83808] · rudias [391053] · Spectre [883184] · Tezwar [1034523] · xxx_alone_xxx [1306506]

RX8 [1798198]

How many people could afford a new property that would cost 5 or 10 bil in cash? People with 1 to 5 bil don't even come close in having their networth amount directly available in cash.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You're going to want to add a 0 to that estimate of what you think people will pay for those houses...
RX8 [1798198]

I do believe you that people are willing to pay huge amounts for unique properties, and I'm sure people are willing to pay 5 or 10 billion for a new NORMAL property as well, but how many people do have such amount of cash actually available? Definitely not most people.
GxDawg [894035]

You need to send ched nudes with your ID written across your genitals, he used to display them on his profile but then the game became all PG13 so he just keeps them in his mailbox, I would have a unique property but sadly I have a 6 digit ID and I ran out of space after writing 3 digits. So yeah just spam ched with provocative images of yourself and he shall grant you a unique property.
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]

There is a massive difference between the price of a full PI and what you'd have to pay for one of those special properties, that's assuming one ever even comes on the market. I'd never sell one of those if it was mine.

Maybe a few properties in the 5-10 bill range with appropriately expensive upgrades.

Or maybe just a new tier of (expensive) upgrades that can be applied to all properties.

Seems a shame to be stuck with a PI these days - they were special in the old days but not any more.
Plissken [1946773]

I will admit I would love to have seen torn when most people actually lived in "normal" housing; apartments, detached houses, even a penthouse would have been for the real players. A economy needed to be behind estates I think, like a rise and fall in prices of estates based on there current capacity, I mean how many PI are there out there in the real world?

Or just make happiness less dependant on training? I know how that would work but you get my idea, pull away from "better housing, better player"
SurferH2O [42164]

It was pretty cool when a PI was rare. I remember when I had to be married to enjoy one.

I would spend the billions I have stashed for an upgrade. Maybe I will just waste a ton of money on a yacht.
EmperorGarm [1682299]

Meh, I've read this thread a dozen times. Getting into a PI was an early goal for me and I was able to make it. I have other things to worry about than whatever arbitrary property is serving as the cap.

If you really wanted to solve this issue, you would make a variety of properties all of which have pros and cons so you would choose a property based on situation rather than happiness. How would you do that? I don't know because I'm not really interested in going down that imaginary road.

Merely making PI's more expensive will not solve the issue, nor would making a new kind of property cap. Variety is the only answer I can come up with. Everything else is superfluous message board talk.