Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Failed RP

Started by Thrail_Foston [1881665] on in Roleplay.

17 replies · 155 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

David [132845] ×3

Thrail_Foston [1881665]

Edit 12/12/15: I'm too ambitious with my threads. I've tried to host quite a few RPs just to find out I can't do them as I have too many to handle lol.

I believe this was a good idea but it was still a failure.
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

Okay I almost forgot about this lol, I'll be basing this off a bit of both as that got the most votes. I'll do some research on 3rd and 4th edition soon.
marduke [426197]

To: David [132845]

Biggest problem I've had with 5th edition are is mid to high level SPECIES/races of monsters. That and the magic item economy & rules. Unless you're willing to do something like put arctic monsters in the middle of the 100+degree Fahrenheit desert, or some other similar effects/efforts...you've got a problem. Of course you could try converting previous editions, BUT things have changed...a lot... seriously the only demons are the original types, seriously type I, II, III, etc. + maybe the yocholol/handmaiden of lolth. There are also, at present only 4 age categories for dragons...no hatchings, no twilight, no wyrm or great wyrm..... Hopefully this suffices for mentioning d&d. If you'd like to start a thread discussing problems with & possible solutions to 5e problems, please let me know.

Mentions: David [132845]

marduke [426197]

Sorry, introduced to d&d on 4e, got a few bits and pieces & reprints of previous editions. I DM for my group and we've been running into some problems as mentioned above. Since David [132845] said he was surprised no one had brought up 5e yet, I decided I might as well bring it up.

Mentions: David [132845]

marduke [426197]

Ok, I am a Dungeon Master for my group of Dungeons and Dragons players. I have some material from a variety of editions of the game. Each edition has its own rules and mechanics. I was giving something of a detailed opinion/review/critique on the latest edition of the game, which David [132845], a previous poster, said had not been mentioned it. So, I addressed this by giving said review/critic. When the 4th edition of the game came out, a lot of players hated it and did not stop playing 3.5 or 3rd edition. There has been little material published over the course of a year and as a Dungeon Master, I have encountered problems that other Dungeon Masters or potential Dungeon Masters should be made aware of before getting into the 5th edition version of Dungeon and Dragons. I hope that I am now making more SENSE (not 'since')with this post Amiibo [189371].

Mentions: David [132845]

Thrail_Foston [1881665]

I haven't had the time to do much on this. It will be in Torn and I'm not sure when it will start. I'm working on Crainol and Empire atm, and trying to work on building a PC. I'll do this once I get these done.
twiztedsoul [1950711]

I have all 3rd ed and 4th ed books so if you need help getting this started I could possibly help you gm/dm but I would also like to play you can email me [email removed] and we can discuss it....
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

That would be great! If would definitely get the Dungeons and Dragons game started faster after I finish with Crainol and Empire. If anybody feels like they want to be the DM of this game too msg me. It would just get the D&D game going xD
GrindNSmash [1943584]

I'm interested in playing but I'm a total newb lol so I'll need a lot of guidance I guess but I do have general idea through friends about it