I haven't logged into Torn since 2011 and I'm so lost. What major things seem to be different?
Reintroduction
Started by Dr_Pepper [949590] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 16
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 50 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
I haven't logged into Torn since 2011 and I'm so lost. What major things seem to be different?
Everything apart from crime clicking has changed since 2011.
Was there an ice age or something?
How can you not play this game for 4 years?
Ched spent $350,000 on a black and white map that doesn't do anything.
350k? o.O
RESPO update cost him $350,000 lol
I hadn't played for 8 years and I didn't have trouble playing the game again. No there was no Ice age.
i must ask how you know that xD
"Total development time (approx): 20 months
Team members involved: 12
Total cost to date (approx): $350,000
As you can see, this has been no small task, but one we're hoping you will love."
From an old update email.
Yes this is a text browser game it isnt rocket science. anyone who hasnt played for a while can catch up with a bit of reading.
that can't be real lmfao xD
I really want a screenie of the email just to keep it in my torn folder
it will be in your email if you havent deleted it i remember reading that in one of the emails :P
biggest differences would be that scamming is legal and you'll have people trying out of the gate.
Any old items might be worth a shit ton of money (billions... with a "b")
And you likely have some refills.
scamming was legal long before 2011. i remember reading the crying threads long before then :P
keep your play money dont hand it over to a pasty faced boy who likes playing blackjack.
exactly the point of what I said! thanks :D
$350,000?
Ched became a £millionaire in 2009, so I am sure he has at least 5x that now and all he is willing to spend after 10 years is a measly quarter of a million pounds?
Maybe if he spent a bit more money he could have had Respo done in a few months with a lot less bugs and maybe he would have saved a few of the donators that made him so rich.
he didn't become a millionaire, torn was valued at that.
RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN
"Most players are willing to pay enabling the site to make around £50,000-a-month. Joe, from Frome, Somerset, is now a millionaire at the age of 21."
Now one would assume with the number of active players falling from 41k to 17k the number which Ched makes would be lower but I think with subscribers and better bundles people are still putting at least 20-30k into the game every month, now the means Ched has only paid a years worth of income for Respo.
"Joe, who owns his own house, now has a business valued at over £1million." A business so the website was not value at £1million, the business that Chedburn owns of which the donations go into was valued at 1mil, so 1million worth of assets, now this may include the ancient servers, offices and also monetary value.
Umm EvilDuck still hasn't crushed anyone of the factions he promised to but Im sure if you come back in 5 years he will have no wait make it 10