Now that items in the city have to be found manually why dont they change awareness in the merits section to spawn section. this is really annoying i have only found 1 good item and the rest were trash and i have fully upgraded awareness too and im sure plenty of others have
Awareness
Started by Venomous [1805486] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 33
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 65 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Now that items in the city have to be found manually why dont they change awareness in the merits section to spawn section. this is really annoying i have only found 1 good item and the rest were trash and i have fully upgraded awareness too and im sure plenty of others have
And how often do you click city? We are the same age, I also have full awareness, but I have 80+ days played and you have 20 days play time. So is it obvious that I find more items in the city? Of course, as I probably click the city every hour more then you do in a day. Nothing comes for free.
I don't even know what you are suggesting, if anything. Awareness level effect the spawn rate of items. Changing the name of something isn't going to change how it works.
Awareness does not influence the items one finds. that is purely luck of the draw. Awareness just helps you have a better chance of finding something when you go looking.I don't think time played affects it either as I log in almost everyday but I just don't stay logged in for long. I try to remember to look every day. I might forget for a few days straight but still... I did not waste a lot of merits on awareness because I didn't think it was a great investment. For having one merit assigned to awareness, I guess I can't really complain too much. Oh wait... I'm wrong.. I spent merits on awareness, I didn't spend merits on stealth... So yeah.. Damn! I have 6 awareness clicks! Why the hell don't I find more stuff!?
I never said that time played affects it directly, but if you play more days chances are you will click on city more then someone who plays less then you. Makes sense?
And for the record, awareness does also increase the quality of items. When you join a zoo or firework stand and you read the description for the awareness job special (50% for firework and 70% for zoo) it clearly states that awareness increases your chance to find an item and also that high awareness increases the chance of a higher quality item to be found.
hmmm... I stand corrected. I don't think the time played is all that accurate as far as determining how long a player actually plays versus how long they are logged on. My Husband Lynch is a very inconsistent player. He has gone months... I mean... months and months! without logging in. I used to make a new anniversary signature bar for each 100th day... he missed 2 in a row and came close enough to the third in a row that I didn't bother making a bar. Yet if you look at the hours he plays versus me, he's played 214 days and I've only played 28. I log in daily unless I'm on vacation, in crisis, or just really busy... if I'm not logging in, the time between logins is rarely more than 5 days. So the difference is that I log in and then log back out again between times online. He just stays logged in. Where I will log in train, workout and crime then log back off. So for each one of my log ins, I'm on for about 6 minutes but for each one of his it shows about 2.5 hours. Clearly these are not quite accurate because somedays I'll spend hours on forums and then other days just seconds to train and what not. I don't think I'm doing a terrific job of making my point.. but basically.. I don't think he is playing for 2.5 hours each log in... he's doing other stuff, he's just logged in. However, he is way better at finding stuff than I am... when he is online... he makes the effort to look again and again. I just don't have that sort of patience. I look once... and if I find, I'll be fired up to keep looking so sometimes I find three things the same day.. then I look and don't find anything for 8 days in a row. I found the motorcycle helmet and a balaclava the same day.... I thought that was a pretty good day.
Yea, I'm more like him haha, click click click :P
i might have 20 days played but you dont click city to find items you have to search for it manually and i search the city a lot and if you have read my thread correctly i said i only find trash and im not the only person either plenty of people have found trash and complain about it. What im saying is the city update ched done was not very helpful
When you click city it gives you a chance to drop on item on your map, this chance can occur twice an hour. After that you have to search the map manually. Just scrolling through the map constantly doesn't increase your chance for an item to spawn in it.
I guess awareness is worthwhile if you are extremely active. If you're not, maybe education speed or banking is a more suitable alternative.
I simply like free stuff. It was only worth a few million, but I didn't have to do much for it. You can't expect to sit and wait for a stat enhancer to drop in your lap.
lol i search the city a lot and the only place i do click when i log in is my faction page, items crimes and city no where else (and forums if im really bored) so im not waiting for enhancers to drop on my lap i do actually search but spawn rate is terrible
There's a forum post currently 6 slots below this one in the same message board that very thoroughly addresses this topic: http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=2&t=15944744&b=0&a=0
Mentions: City Finds - F*** awareness
I find lots of coins, and artifacts kinda regularly. My last item spawned was Duct Tape. I don't know, at first I hated that we have to manually find the items, but I don't mind. Kinda fun to go full Sherlock on the map to that last item on the map.
Stop whining. I've 9/10 awareness, 200+ city finds. Except 1 DP and 1 goodie bag, the rest was just trash. These things are random - if you get VERY lucky, you pick up cesium or an SE. Most don't. Be more active if you want to find more stuff, use LSD, join a company with +awareness perks.
I HAD 10/10 Awareness and reset my merits to put towards stat upgrades. No regrets. I still find the same amount of worthless items. Not worth it in my opinion to have any merits toward this.
[image: media.giphy.com]
Non Random Gif: Steady state is only disturbed by clicking in the City.(this is a Gravity simulation)
City finds are random, you can increase the probability of finding items however, by clicking more in the city, having more merits on awareness (7-10 merits appears to work effectively) may also affect the quality of items found, try clicking, donating and praying.
Try leaving the items found in the City for a month, or try clicking hourly 1 time, and reloading to allow other items to spawn in the City.
Most players do not realize that the type of house they own, (fully upgraded) the happiness level and staff upgrades affects finds. You can rent a better house and still get the same effects as if you own the house with the same happinesss levels. Be sure to take LSD to maximize awareness and quality of City finds.
In addition, you might want to consider joining a company with the increase awareness specials, and using LSD as this effectively also increases awareness in the game.
There are several schools of thought on increasing item spawns, try reloading after you find any item in the City, try clicking within the 3 minutes time window before and after the hour, one click per hour only. Others seems to be successful. leaving the City untouched for a month, and seeing what items spawn.
And finally, be sure to complete the History Diploma to unlock the Museum, (to exchange Artifacts for Points) and to let the City spawn Artifacts for your finds.
Enjoy, and best of luck in the game, understand that only a few high value items PER PLAYER including stat enhancers are found in the city. There is also a great thread on City Finds in the forums, take a look at all posts to get some new approaches.
Non Random Gif: Steady state is only disturbed by clicking in the City.(this is a Gravity simulation)
City finds are random, you can increase the probability of finding items however, by clicking more in the city, having more merits on awareness (7-10 merits appears to work effectively) may also affect the quality of items found, try clicking, donating and praying.
Try leaving the items found in the City for a month, or try clicking hourly 1 time, and reloading to allow other items to spawn in the City.
Most players do not realize that the type of house they own, (fully upgraded) the happiness level and staff upgrades affects finds. You can rent a better house and still get the same effects as if you own the house with the same happinesss levels. Be sure to take LSD to maximize awareness and quality of City finds.
In addition, you might want to consider joining a company with the increase awareness specials, and using LSD as this effectively also increases awareness in the game.
There are several schools of thought on increasing item spawns, try reloading after you find any item in the City, try clicking within the 3 minutes time window before and after the hour, one click per hour only. Others seems to be successful. leaving the City untouched for a month, and seeing what items spawn.
And finally, be sure to complete the History Diploma to unlock the Museum, (to exchange Artifacts for Points) and to let the City spawn Artifacts for your finds.
Enjoy, and best of luck in the game, understand that only a few high value items PER PLAYER including stat enhancers are found in the city. There is also a great thread on City Finds in the forums, take a look at all posts to get some new approaches.
I have found dumbbells in the city and im not saying people are not finding stuff im saying they are finding rubbish items and I have 10/10 awareness and click city more than 3 times an hour and search still havent found anything in the past 2 weeks other than a pair of trainers and i am active -_-
You've gotta click the City link twice an hour. Always been like this afaik. I am fairly active...clicking at least 12 times per day, and I spawn an item every other day (close to 1 on average or so). The items stays on the map forever, so if you click fervently on the City for a week, I can guarantee you that you'll find items on the map (just zoom well in on the map)....
You dont have to even zoom on map to see items since the update and im fairly active also and i do click city and zoom just in case and i dont find anything
just get a city find script that tells you when items spawn... no need to go hunting through the city for a crappy item...