Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[userscript] OC Icon API - BROKEN

Started by PsycWard [1579270] on in Tools & Userscripts.

36 replies · 1.7k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

OneArmedHermit [1866312]

I seem to only have a problem in Jail and Gym pages. For some reason OC times won't load there.
On some pages like Forums and City it has a chance of not loading for me.
Google chrome, OC Icon

Great tool :3


PsycWard [1579270]

Yes that was my main reason for creating OC Icon C. Some pages refresh the icons so quickly that it removes the added data almost as soon as it is put there. Though I left the OC Icon up for anyone that didn't wish to have a cookie placed on their computer but there are some draw backs to it.
PsycWard [1579270]

What browser are you using? Which script are you using OC Icon or OC Icon C? Did you change the name from PsycWard tokrazy_kronik? You do have greasemonkey or tampermonkey installed? Are you using any other scripts?
It's not just you but you guys are killing me with shit like it's not working, it doesn't help me at all. I need details or your guess is as good as mine.
krazy_kiwi [372539]

Using chrome with tampermonkey, i tryed all 3 scripts, with my own name in the right spot. when hovering over chain icon just green street came up nothing else (and yes i was entered in to an oc at the time)
PsycWard [1579270]

I just deleted my cookie and reinstalled the OC Icon C script and it worked so I don't really know what to tell you other than to check and make sure you didn't accidentally add a character somewhere or delete a single quote where your name would be. Sometimes an extra character can be found with the syntax checker [image: i.imgur.com] if that's the case I would just reinstall it to save time. There should be a single quote to each side of your name, if there isn't putting it back should fix the problem.

If those don't apply then I would open Developer tools in Chrome and go to Console to see if any errors are coming up. If not, I have no idea.

Just curious though what 3 scripts? There are two version one with cookies and one without they aren't meant to be run together just a one or the other.
PsycWard [1579270]

Updated for compliance with the new rule, scripts must only use data from the API or data from the same page you are on. If you are not aware the old version is now illegal because it called data from a page you were not on.
arrow [2024586]
"Updated for compliance with the new rule, scripts must only use data from the API or data from the same page you are on."

Interesting, haven't seen this anywhere.
Got a link to a thread or smth where this new rule is mentioned?

Would be interested to read about it, scripting rules are waay to vague, its a joke.
paulwratt [2027970]

March 2018, not working for me (the userscript with cookie value, in TamperMonkey on Chrome)

after looking at both script and page it appears the "id" of the object has changed from "icon9" to "iconicon9" - not sure if this is because of a title tooltip script tho, because the parent objects have temp names ("icon9__2Pblh"), and there is no title attribute on the anchor

I tried:

// @run-at document-start

but that made no difference

I can see "icon9" in the hidden sidebar-info but if I do a manual look via getElementByID, it brings back an LI from the first forum post with a faction icon, not the icon from the "statusIcons"
PsycWard [1579270]

Yes, I noticed this one broke but honestly I don't enjoy the sharing portion of writing scripts. For every person that says thanks there is someone that can find a reason to bitch to me about something completely trivial so I won't be releasing or updating anymore public scripts. I will update the title to reflect it's broken status.