Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack log

Started by PrussianLoss [1946024] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 68 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
PrussianLoss [1946024]

A list of the attacks that you've made, all the way to your first attack (after this is implemented). MY reason for this (there are probably better ones) is: During the dog tag competition while randomly putting in IDs to find players and exhausting my refills, I found a couple who had millions on them. I bookmarked them on my laptop, and ever since then have daily mugged them. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I no longer have access to my laptop, and am playing Torn on a different PC. Gone are all my bookmarks, and my income. If I could but see a list of the players I've attacked, my income would be secured.
Another idea along the same lines, is to make attacks show up in your events. I can't find it any less annoying than when I have 200+ items on the market and someone buys them all, and every single one shows up in my events.
OR, perhaps an option to save attack logs, and make them retrievable from a database using your API key.

EDIT: And then, this idea could be implemented with the separate database. So you choose to save your attacks, and can retrieve them from a database later. This option could be put in preferences, so perhaps: "Always save attacks" "Prompt to save attacks" "Don't save attacks"

Either way is fine for me, so long as I can find the people I attacked.
Grif [882958]

i can see why you might want a list all the way back, but remember this would involve creating a new events database, similar to the one we have now, based only on attacks, as well as it means attack logs will need to stay in the database permenantly, i cant imagine many people necessarly want to see the 5th attack they made from 10 years ago( i know you said from when this is implemented just using this as an example). plus think how many attacks are logged over a month, after a while it would all add up.

seems like a big undertaking for the devs, who are currently working on 2.0 projects, so if it were to happen it would be a while from now, not R- or anything just letting you know that it could be a big issue on server and dev resources if it were to be implemented, they would need to remove the removal of attack logs after xx amount of time