Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

BodyBagger Group Attack

Started by Nobody [237547] on in General Discussion.

61 replies · 3.11k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 62 / 62 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
62
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
50 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

BodyBagger [99177] ×1

Nobody [237547]

I am looking for up to 15 other players (16 including me) to attack BodyBagger for a guide I am writing. I will first attack him alone, then one more, 3 more (basically 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 attackers) to log how the effects are in various group attack scenarios. For this I need people with total stats between 950M-1.2B in order to make an accurate reading. The test will likely be split in 2 days, but may be done in one evening.

Test will be between 9pm/21:00 and 1am/01:00 Torn time. Test will find place in December. If you are not available in torn for the full duration of this, then please do not post your interest. I will schedule the ones selected for this test at least 24hrs before the test begins, in order for you to get prepared (and not sit around waiting between those times every day).

This test has been approved by BodyBagger, and I will request him to confirm this in this thread. Guide can be found here:
http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15956156&b=0&a=0

Rules:
1. Health over 3200
2. Total stats between 950M-1.2B
3. Available between 9pm/21:00-1am/01:00 Torn time

Mentions: Attacking & Predicting Outcome

Nobody [237547]

Testers will be included in the guide, screenshots, attack logs and everything. If you sign up for this, it will be proven that you beat BodyBagger with a *billionth* of his stats. Attacks will double in size until we beat him, unless we are unable to at 16v1. This means that potentially, only half of the people that signs up will actually get to attack him.

Edit: Please PM me your stats if you are interested in joining the attack. I will reply with the first set of instructions.

Edit 2: 4/16 spots filled (will go above 16 if more signs up) - 1 backup
JustJanet [911066]

You do realize you can't stop someone from joining in. You should keep the time of the attack secret. That way you will have better luck having whom you expect actually participate.
Nobody [237547]

I need to give a pinpoint of when during the day it will find place. December is for 31 days, so I'd find it unlikely that anyone actually jumps in. The attacks will last for maybe 5 secs to 2 minutes, so say someone would pinpoint the 15 minutes between 4 hours of testing range, among 31 days. Just getting the right day is 3.2% chance, of 124 hours looking for the 15 minute mark you are looking at a 0,2% chance at even being in the attack. Not to mention being in the 8 or 16 man attack is even lower (not going to do much trouble if you join in for a 2 man attack).
Unknown_Element [450910]

ya know this has been tried a few times and you need about 20-25 people to have a chance with stats that low. dont really see what the sense in this is besides giving him some free defends
Beerstein [1322136]

It's important to gain more accurate calculations so factions can buy from his bazaar and mug him in the future with a high degree of success so that he and his ilk can feel what it's like to not be able to use their bazaars like the rest of us.
Nobody [237547]

I'm not looking to defeat him, I'm writing a guide. If enough people signs up then yeah, we will do 20-25 people, heck even 32 or 64 people if that's what it takes. Primarily I'm looking to give an example in my guide on how group attacking works. If I get to the point where other people signs up to be in a different example I'd be glad to do them as well (maybe BodyBagger initiating attack on me, and a 50M stat player defeating me).

It is mainly to demonstrate in the guide on my part, whatever the outcome.

Edit: Don't forget that we can apply several factors, BodyBagger could be on Xanax (-35% to all stats) and we can be on Vicodin (+25% to all stats).
Slicers [1024778]

1) if you know BB stat, why you should do group attack?

2) I know you all lose with this simple calculation:

3) 12,000,000,000,000 damage / 50 player = 240,000,000,000 damage on each player
Franky [1529693]

Group attacks don't use this simple calculation to work out who wins and loses. It's more complex than that. The more people that are in a group attack the harder it becomes for the defender to defend
Nobody [237547]

I've jumped into fights to "save" others with over twice my stats, meaning they fought someone even stronger. I did the attacking, while the other guy would basically just sit put and wait for the fight to finish (while in the fight). I would probably not be able to hit those people if I attacked them on my own, but I don't remember who they were (and thus don't know their stat-balancing etc.)

I don't think you are factoring in anything at all to be honest. BB on Xanax, us on Vicodin, BB without gear, everyone using various effects (flash grenade etc.) so anything could happen. Those numbers you are dropping seems to be just random gibberish, and no player does those kinds of damage like in your example anymore. I'd even be surprised if anyone had over 1M top damage made, and even unlikely they anyone has over 50k top damage. I could be wrong, but 12 Trillion damage... yeah, cya around...
Nobody [237547]

That could be quite accurate, depending on what factors you include (could be that 10 attackers would be overwhelming of itself, not needing to think about anything else). I don't believe we will pinpoint the exact number of attackers to an exact number though, but here is my prediction:

1: Me alone, miss with a flash grenade and loose
2: Two miss attempts at anything, loose
4: Possibly something different happens (still loose)
8: Most likely be able to throw some hits, blind and put some effects. Probably loose
16: Attackers will hit on every attempt, BB won't be able to hit us back (too many "busy fighting", flash grenade, pepper spray etc.)
Butters [34298]

If you wanted to do a pure test to work out how many players it takes to reduce the opponents stats to a manageable level then you wouldn't use temp weapons in the attack at all.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

I think this is a great idea but had couple observations. The title of the thread really threw me off I thought this was someone's attempt to mug body bagger. I agree with not using any temps for a more accurate attempt or an even better test would be one attack with temps and one with out for each level. I'd also suggest u add a line at 12.


Sounds like a great guide, hope u get enough people to help.
Nobody [237547]

I've had... some... contact me since the start of this thread, including people worrying about ~1B stats not being enough to make the cut. With this test we are trying with up to 16, possibly more depending on how many shows their interest (unless we make it at 16). If the stat range in this test fails, perhaps a future test with people of a higher stat range will find place, but for this test I'm looking at 1B.
Nobody [237547]

I don't suppose people could ask in their factions/check potential stat treads to see if they have any members that meets the requirements?