Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Login Fail

Started by Dash [3901] on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 382 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Dash [3901]

You guys should revert the changes, it was hard AF to remember which email address I used to sign up here about 10 years ago, I can imagine others will have the same issue. :P

Edit: Email addresses won't make it more secure in the long run anyway. Sanitize your shit where applicable. :P
Remilia [1284087]

I hate emails. I hate typing the whole thing in.
It's not safer because my username was relatively hidden and hard to find out.

If anything my account is probably LESS secure.
Swatsicle [1593313]

Instead of changing everything in such a way that you annoy players, you could have listened to my friend who reported various XSS exploits to you. Instead, you waved him off because we were switching to RESPO, and that would totally fix everything. Who would have thought that exploits within the old Torn would persist into RESPO?

The applicable pages have only been changed in terms of layout.

You were warned. You did this to yourself.
_Cynic_ [206537]

I'm sorry, do people here really have 2000 different email addresses that they can never remember what they did from what account? Or do people simply change email addresses more often they pleasure themselves(so 2-3 times a day for most on here I guess).
If you are stupid enough to sign up for this from an old work email account etc that you cannot remember then you deserve all that is happening
OllieBumble [21801]

Any of us who lived through the annoying pre-Gmail period in which your yahoo or msn account dissapeared every 3 months or so, will have gone through email addy's by the dozen. Good luck remembering them.
Stretch [1846075] Officer Officer

If you guys are unable to locate your proper credentials, pop onto irc and go to #help, or go to support chat, we are working through everyone as quickly as possible to get you all back in game.

Remember, if your email is ACTUALLY correct, you get newsletters which almost always contain energy and have come with blood bags one time as well
_Cynic_ [206537]

Bullshit.
I lived in pre-gmail era. I have had my Hotmail account for 15+ years now. I have had my main email address (BT) for almost 18 years now.
1958872 [1958872]

You can change the e-mail address. Go to #help in IRC. I changed it after password recovery failed. It will take some time, but you'll be fine. Good luck!

I'm glad this security fix has finally been implemented. Yes an e-mail address is longer than a username, but it's less effort than making a forum thread to complain about it ;)
OllieBumble [21801]

I can't say I have ever had the pleasure ( if that is the word ) of living long enough in one country to have the same provider for 18 years. Dreadfully boring idea. Obviously, you have not seen enough of the world to realise that spending 3+ months in a country where you wont have internet access is just a regular thing.
Jiraiya-Sannin [1758414]

It took me 16 hours to figure out what email i used for my account, luckily i found the email and the password is the same as my password on the email i currently use. Some people say having the same password on different emails is stupid, but if i hadn't have the same password i would never get into Torn.
_Cynic_ [206537]

Please, I have travelled more than the average individual. I currently get the joys of spending time in Iraq. I have worked in the oil industry for the past 10 years where I have been to some of the biggest shitholes in the planet where the only possible connectivity is via vSat.

The fact is Hotmail, yahoo and I am sure there are other providers have been around longer then this game. There is no need for people to continuously change email addresses that they cannot remember what they used to sign in.
It boils down to poor management and organisation.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The game has spent years incentivising and encouraging having a verified and active email on torn for years for these exact reasons... It amazes me how many people are having these issues... You're missing out on all the newsletter bonuses too :/
OllieBumble [21801]

Iraq, no doubt, has internet access. Difficult to say the same thing about large swathes of Africa between 1990-2010, old bean.
_Cynic_ [206537]

Been there done it. And we did have internet. Admittedly we were using a vSat connection so it was shit and cost us a fortune. Now if you want to talk about a country with piss poor internet, try Cuba, it was a lot worse then Africa! Additionally Iraq between 1990 and 2010 was no better then Africa.

However doesn't change the fact that most major free email providers have been around longer then the game. And anyone who has been playing this game for years, has had plenty of opportunities to update their email address within the game.
Seriously, people talking about it taking 6 hours to get in. These people must have had to try 1000's of combinations. Are you seriously telling me that in your deprived upbringing you have gone through even 100 email addresses?
And as bogie so correctly pointed out, Torn has been encouraging people to verify emails for ages. So really can be no excuse for most players.