Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stealth Attacks

Started by Cursed [1901987] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 618 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee Committee

I usually have stealth on because the majority of my attacks are done in war time and I want to protect myself from retaliation. Also, people get way too butt hurt when you attack them, even if its in war. If its something personal I make sure they know who I am but if its not personal why should I deal with someone crying about me chaining on them.
HandsomePants [1897243]

Stealth Off in current war because I'm setting bounties and then immediately collecting them for those merits. If Stealth was On it would look like I'm just bountying everyone all willy-nilly. At least this way they can appreciate my effort.
Cursed [1901987]

i did that a few times, but if someone bounties me then a few seconds later its claimed, i would guess its them anyway, also i like my victims to KNOW that i did it
critch [507888]

It's far too easy to stealth an attack these days, the mechanics of it really need looking at imo, look at the dog tag competition, you checked the faction attack logs and it was someone across the board

odds are these days that if you have stealth on and your the attacker and you win, it's 99% likely to have stealthed
Cursed [1901987]

its no where near that, its a mechanic to do with your speed against dexterity i think, but it does mean that if you win there is a pretty good chance of stealth
critch [507888]

In the tag competition I took a tag from a player who had 4 bill balanced stats, I had 60 mill more on 3 out of 4 stats and had 30 mill less on the third (def), the fight lasted so long I thought it would stalemate and I ended up beating him with only a couple hundred of my own life, I was shocked to see the attack log where it has stealthed, if that isn't a fine example of stealth being broken, then what is?
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

I Stealth to:
  1. Avoid retals in wars
  2. Avoid whining mails(you can't believe how many i have got while going for bounty merits)
  3. Avoid getting targeted in competitions
Cursed [1901987]

look at my graph for stealth attacks, i stopped a WHILE ago, but i have only got 2 "whiny" mails, one from a guy who was being annoying, one cos i accidently hit my friends wife (sorry!)
miro [1689701]

Stealth is definitely not working correctly. Have a look at my stealthed attacks. All of them were done with less than 80k dex. I don't believe that there are that many players with lower dex.


_Cynic_ [206537]

Stealth is on and it remains that way. I cannot be bothered having to change it if I want to war etc.

And to be brutally honest I don't think out of wars it matters when it comes to retals. Let be honest most people who get the bounties or mug pick targets they know they can beat.

I doubt anyone here has gone "oh I think I will try and mug bodybagger today"

So even if people I beat know its me, chance of them hitting me back are slim. Chances of whiny emails are higher, but to be honest unless you are targeting newer players you wont even get that. Most long term players simply accept it and move on.


GhetoSmoker [1644039]

You've almost made 500 attacks explains alot.... I haven't made that many attacks compared to some people (5k)and I've gotten more than my fair share of cry emails just because for whatever reason my stealth didn't work even though my stats were way higher.

When you attack someone for personal reasons and they see its you its gratifying , when you are chaining and you are avoiding retals or another "oh my god why are you attacking me " maIL just for them being in the warbase it's annoying.

So stealth on