Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Open a Torn 2

Started by DieZel [1963580] on in Suggestions.

41 replies · 481 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DieZel [1963580]

Id like to suggest the idea of opening a new game ie Torn 2 all the same features but with no 4000 day old players etc,I think it will work wonders for the game and it will bring it more longevity by starting a new Torn,i did an advanced search feature and was shocked at the amount of players signing up if it continues the game will die a slow death..


so thumbs up for a fresh start :P
Grif [882958]

So this is one of two functions
Either have paralell games with a new one full of noobs with no experience players so all the noobs are f**ked
And spend god knows how much on paralell servers

Or start a new game wiping all players

Either way itll never happen an its stupid to want it
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

So you want to split developer time between another game with no foundation that has taken decades to build up because you're too lazy to continue in this one?

Here's what would happen....

New players would primarily sign up in the new game.... they'd enjoy it at first but they'd quickly stagnate as there would be no real financial backing for them, those of us who have been around for 10+ years remember how it was first starting up... owning something like a samurai sword meant you were rich as f**k... there wouldn't be nearly enough money to encourage people spending on donator packs as no one would be buying them... there'd be no drugs trade, not even a flower trade, least not for several years.

Meanwhile older players in their 'torn' find the game to get boring, no influx of new people so they eventually quit.... End result being you'd have two dead servers

Either Torn would have to discontinue the old one at this point or just carry on with split resources...

Considering the game prides itself on no resets I think you've got entirely the wrong idea of what your suggestion is suppose to achieve.

Never ever ever going to happen, this idea is one of the stupidest that can ever be proposed.

Rated- and I wish I had a dozen more downvotes to give this post.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

If you cannot handle criticism on a terrible suggestion then don't post terrible suggestions.

I love that your end concept of 'success in real life' is getting married though...

Edit: And thanks I suppose to whoever reported his post xP Although I probably wouldn't have bothered for that
Plornt [1799359]

R+ Great suggestion. Whilst we are at it can we get a open world Torn game. Just take Grand theft auto 5 and reskin it to make it more torn.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Stupid idea, seen in way to many times....

So what next, Torn 3 in a year? I blame schools for letting all kids know they are winners... [:sick:]
Beerstein [1322136]

I thought this was a stupid suggestion when I was new, but tbh now that I see it again 6 years later I still think it's stupid.
MadHatter [486416]

I can see how this idea would appeal to someone who's only invested 18 days into the game. Now that you're here, we should definitely scrap all of the progress that Ched, the devs, and the thousands of other players have collectively made over the last 10 years. Sounds reasonable.