Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API Testing and Alternative Accounts.

Started by Meme_Raven [1891116] on in API Development.

8 replies · 172 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Hi,

would it be against the rules to make an alternative account in order to test certain functions with the API, obviously stating the account is purely for testing purposes? I don't really fancy messing up my awards right now.

P.s. Is there anyway to grab the users display picture (current)?
I can only work out the user id out of it all. Using it for a "portfolio" type of site and may incorporate it in to a desktop app in the future.


-Scripthen
HandsomePants [1897243]

Yes, it's against the rules to operate two accounts, period. But your brother/roommate/neighbor could open an account and use the same IP as you without any problem, as long as the two accounts are not operated by the same person, no trouble.

And like said above, you can't mess anything up, but what do you mean by awards? What are you worried about?

Finally, no current way to grab profile picture URLs, though that seems harmless and would be a nice addition I think.
Meme_Raven [1891116]

I mean, I'm wanting to test certain features like leaving or entering a job / faction. I just don't want it to effect my account.

As for the images, I will try and figure out a way as it will be a very nice addition to the portfolio. It's just some form of encrypted string.

My profile image string is like so:

561afef4-3267-427b-1891116.png
Something-Something-Something-UserID.png
Maybe some encrypted time-stamp?
Scootaloo [1590427]

I think he means checking how multiple ones are read through the API. Like a furniture store may say one thing but a sweet shop or the army may say another
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

As Henkie said, you can't create multiple accounts. However, there isn't really much to test. It all looks the same, or at least in the same format.

If you have any questions, just ask, and i'm sure someone can answer them for you.