Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Improvements

Started by Meme_Raven [1891116] on in API Development.

9 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Would we be able to get the following additions / improvements?

Display Picture to be obtained (I can only see my ID in this; 561afef4-3267-427b-1891116.png)


Education Courses to have a name string translation + ID? (As of 28 NOV; "education_completed": [ "0", "1", "2", "13",etc...])

Rank: "rank": "Above average Scavenger" - how about "rank0": "Above average" "rank1": "Scavenger"? I just believe this will make it more flexible and convenient
McNeo [864688]

"rank" needs to stay as just "rank" as it's a single field to query. If you list all ranks as "rank1", "rank2", etc then how would we know what rank a person if every one is listed in their info? And how do I know which "rankx" to query if I don't know their rank?
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Well, you'd base it on your own rank / category. Simple.

As for the display isage, I mean to query it from the API with multiple users, not everyone is going to the have the same <prefix>-<id>.png. I know how to get the direct image URL!
McNeo [864688]

Ah, I thought you already found something in the API that returned that filename. If not, then it would be worth the addition for your intentions.

Still not sure what you mean by the rank thing.

As it stands, rank = the person's rank, simple as that.

If you were to add things like rank1 rank2 rank3 etc I'm not sure how you intend to query that? If every player has every rank listed then I'm not sure how you'd know what rank that player actually is.

Also, remember that within your rank those 2 words are independent of each other; one can be an "Above Average Scavenger" and another can be an "Above Average Loser", etc so numerating every combination would be... dumb... to put it bluntly.
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Incorrect, it doesn't make much sense. "Scripthen is Above Average but known as a Scavenger" rather than "Scripthen is an Above average Scavenger". Just the casing, bleh. it's more flexible. Check below and see.

I understand the API is in early stages which is why I am *trying* to commit improvements to it.

However, the education & Jobs system needs to have it's int <=> string translated.
We're just pull strings. Apart from restarts.
"Works at 23"; "Study": 01Tried to do some digging on my profile

I thoroughly stand on making the display pictures obtainable via the API system as it would be a great addition to a "portfolio" like I am working on (you might have to C&P it, Torn doesn't like it in my sig.)-> http://scripthen.net/torn/profiles/scripthen.php
McNeo [864688]

So you want to split the rank and the title, instead of having it returned as one value? That I could see worth-while to do.
McNeo [864688]

Sorry I was totally confused at first, I thought you were looking to have every rank possibility/combination listed lol
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Nope, I was thinking of string split but then we'd have to have a whole array full of predefined 'prefix' / 'suffix' rank.

Also, disregard the education translation I've just found it here -
http://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=education&key=$apiKey