Just wondering if anyone has started making anything for IRC Users?
MIRC?
Started by AAW [1525734] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 48 / 100
Just wondering if anyone has started making anything for IRC Users?
Thinking and Working on it
done sockopen API function to download the data handling its data is another kettle of fish to explane
working on it
:)
I'll have a look tomorrow morning, anything you want me to try and implement?
Shouldnt be too hard as it's just feeding already processed data through an irc bot
I'm not sure about the rules in IRC yet, I have ask about posting information that is collected via Api
as there are rules to IRC which i have encountered myself
Edit:
can post Faction events without Prompt or Command
its that simple
Rules are simple, if the API returns the data, you can use it. The API helps make this line clear :)
The sky's the limit, boys!
There was a post about a year or so ago about acceptable irc bot usage, not sure if it still stands but I'll find it when I'm back home
http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=14&t=15908247&b=0&a=0
the !info lookup uses the api.
the !info lookup uses the api.
Mentions: UTA 9.4 (Legal API update)
Relevant parts for those looking is lines 1357 onwards in http://pastebin.com/xyKXfDQw
Seems as though you're using regex rather than a JSON parser. mIRC desperately needs someone to create a DLL for that rather than the crappy WScript option we have now.