Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ideas

Started by -Monkey- [892675] on in API Development.

12 replies · 111 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

-Monkey- [892675]

I'd like to see some sort of easy to use, nicely laid out API stuff containing things like;
  • Item market top 3 bazaar price with a quick link that updates for certain items you choose.
  • Functionality for company info to come through as a notification e.g. someone quitting, daily income etc (excluding money deposits).
  • Some way of having company income and trains done to go straight through to my spread sheet so that I no longer have to update it daily.
I have no idea how this can be done but I know that some if not all of it is possible and if any of you would be able to do something like this let me know :P
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

Shameless self advertising, check out the Company Manager i created on Torn Stats. It doesn't do notifications, but it's pretty good at being a spreadsheet :P

The item market one, are you looking for a direct link to the item market, or their bazaar? The seller ID's were removed so a direct link to a bazaar is impossible now. (This was to prevent mugging/watching someone's bazaar to mug them when something sold).



-Monkey- [892675]

I saw that but I don't think I'll use it as I already have a google spreadsheet with over 200 days of data on I'd like to be included and utilised

I guess the item market then since the bazaar no longer works.
IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer

Then it sounds to me like you're looking for someone to help you write that functionality into your spreadsheet? Since the API already supports it...you just need to build something that utilizes it.
Meme_Raven [1891116]

The Desktop App I'll be making will have Company functionality included with (if possible) trains given. It will definitely have company income, weekly profits and daily customers. I need to speak with my boss so see if I can get some API access if needed, never ran a company before.
Meme_Raven [1891116]

Never tried working with Google Spreadsheets, I can make it export in to an Excel/Libre Calc and then be placed in a dropbox for sure.

As for notifications, it's going to be multi-platform, so in the first stages it will be using windows popup alerts (with on 10, look way better) until I can code my own non-intrusive pop-up dialogue.

We'll see how it goes.
Meme_Raven [1891116]

yes - multi platform, coded in Python 3.4 using Qt5 interface which I believe both will be available on OS X. As this will primary be coded on Linux (I hate Windows for UI development, bleh) it will straight up be 80% compatible due to the similarities of directives.
maledict [1677916]

I'd like a crime tracker built to mimic what Crime History script did a while back.

I realize with Crimes 2.0 this *might* be a bit pre-emptive. But I think if it can be done to track at least what crime you have done from now until the new system hits would be a nice quality of life tool.

1.) Gives accurate copy/pasteable success %,
2.) Helps users attain 60NB, along with figuring out how to get into PA's without a pre-nerf buster (if at all possible)