Anyone had experience with oc'ing laptops? I've shite AMD E1-2100 cpu/gpu in my toshiba
Overclocking
Started by Jobby [1640111] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 7 / 100
- Historical score
- 9 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
Anyone had experience with oc'ing laptops? I've shite AMD E1-2100 cpu/gpu in my toshiba
Don't be an idiot. Overclocking laptops is not a good idea.
^
Shrugs, not very helpfull to be honest....my fault though, I should have expanded on my post, phone isn't great for the forum and I should have expected the knee jerk dick reply :)
So, I'm a fan of overclocking, but mainly use my lappy which as you know has a shite cpu/gpu. (And yes, isn't normally a good idea to oc due to the cooling issues). However, I may be able to get hold of some condenser heat dissipation tubes, which, due to the fact that my lappy doesn't move I should be able to jury rig into it.
The problem is the cpu isn't unlocked...(And is soldered to the board) ... Has anyone else manged to oc this type of AMD APU? ....
JUST BUY A DESKTOP IF UR USING UR LAPTOP AS A DESKTOP.....................................................
STOP SHOUTING, lol... [:tongue:]
Unfortunately it won't fit...
Won't fit where?
You processor has a benchmark of 626..........my 5 year old macbook pro has a benchmark of like 1.5k and thats still shite...rly save urself the trouble and buy something new! :P
You are right indeed...but there is a bit of a back story...I've a cool little desktop setup (Old, but fine) .. It's in a spare room though and I keep getting 'What are you doing up there with the door closed!?' questions...so...I've now got a shitty Toshiba lappy with the aformentioned chip...in the front room which is a more socially acceptably place for internet browsing apparently.
So basically I would like to know if it's possibly to oc it...Professor Google say's no, but then people don't usually oc this kind of thing. Like I said...small space, but can cut a hole in it if needed (looking forward to that to be honest) to fit condenser pipes....I like building things :)
Well its just not worth it....even if u overclocked it 30% its still going to be slow as fork
Even an intel compute stick is like 4x faster than your laptop :P