48 replies · 1.11k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
SourRon[852964]
· 16 likes · Those reaching level 100 get 4 merits - 2 honour bars, a level 100 medal and a rank medal. I'm not convinced of any need to give further benefits exclusive to those at level 100. Why does it matter if …
megalomaniacal[1542618]Committee
· 10 likes · I heard at level 100 you unlock free roam
DaveO[887166]
· 9 likes · When you look at the drop in activity of about 20% of the level 100's or complete lack there of then yes something should be done for them. Everything gets done to keep new players well what about those that …
my question: do we think something is gonna happen for level 100's?
more levels? some exclusive stuff?
i think that something needs to be done at SOME point, not now, but otherwise the 100's will outnumber 90-99, which doesnt seem right somehow
EDIT: thread is being graved by my request... seems a lot of people are giving it hate... dunno why... if someone gets hate for something they're not gonna continue it are they? -Cursed
There should be something for level 100 but i can see why there isnt.
If there was a awesome game feature for only level 100s every multi and his dog would start racing to get there and there would be hundreds of them in no time.
Greasy spotty faced preening nerds peacocking isnt a appealing thought.
Those reaching level 100 get 4 merits - 2 honour bars, a level 100 medal and a rank medal. I'm not convinced of any need to give further benefits exclusive to those at level 100.
Why does it matter if the number of people at level 100 outnumbers those between levels 90 and 99? Why does it not seem right?
We don't have a pyramidal hierarchy where there are limits on the number of people being able to attain a particular level, based on being fewer than the number of people at the level below that particular level.
I dont know what would happen in the future but Level 100 is an achievement. There have been discussions in the past (see here) about removing that cap. I disagree with the cap removal however. I do agree that there should be something unique that level 100s would attain or some sort of a challenge for them.
Then again, leveling is not the only aspect important in torn. There are other places for achievements.
Yeah, agree with SourRon. And there is already an incentive to get there ... It's a reward in itself, but making Level 100 does give 2 merits and the ability to buy a 3rd that others can't get. And the standard extra life. And a swanky new icon for under your name. Maybe once you're that high up that stuff doesn't matter as much, but it's not like there's no incentive. Only 22 players have done it in 10+ years of the game ... and normally I agree with dunmugmeh, but it looks like the people who got there the fastest took almost 6 years (!!) so I don't see how hundreds of multis will pop up and power-level their way to 100 to cheapen the achievement.
I'm sure he cap will be lifted eventually. There are a lot of parts of the game that need additional or new content that should take priority over addressing this though.
I do think that by the point a player gets to level 100, 4 new merits and the option to buy another will suffice for now, as by the time most players reach such heights, merits become much harder to come by.
Any further incentive would have to be small enough to not be too overpowered, but I do not believe it will have a huge affect on encourage a lot of players power to 100 anyway.
I'd probably suggest something along the lines of a base happy boost; since the task of getting to 100 often costs stats, and high stats are affected by happy more than they used to be, this is a way to regain stats lost by using energy to attack a little bit quicker. Say a base happy of 1,000. It's not going to have an absolutely huge affect, but it's a nice little bonus.
I'm sure that the cap will be lifted when there's an obvious growing glut of Level 100's. I've found it puzzling that there was a cap put into place AFTER someone (BodyBagger) had surpassed it to 102. Are the 100's still accumulating experience? Will they suddenly be able to bounce from 100 to 110? If so, that raises its own questions, such as HP gains, being able to buy more merits and so on.
Presently, I don't concern myself with this. There are other areas of the game that need attention and a lot of people are tired of waiting for territories to be released. There are a fair number of small prizes for the few who make it to 100, and for now, that should be enough. Of course, it would be interesting to read what someone who has reached 100 thinks on this subject. Thus far the posters have been level 90 and under.
I don't know why, but I find it funny that we have this thread here about there being too many level 100's, started by a level 15, and not a single level 100 has commented on it
When you look at the drop in activity of about 20% of the level 100's or complete lack there of then yes something should be done for them. Everything gets done to keep new players well what about those that have won the game.
Hmm wouldn't mind some content being given towards the players who're level 100.
add more reasons to level up is never a bad thing and it's content that'll always give us normal players a reason to keep playing/leveling up, hell it might even encourage myself to power level which right now i'd never do as there is no benefit.
I wonder if anyone has ever tried the true level special on a level 100 to see if it goes higher than 100? Expensive thought for anyone that would be interested.