With the introduction of decent target selection that was implemented with the mission going live. The new system is suppose to select targets that will pose a decent challenge to us. Has anyone noticed that most of the selected targets are already way out of league even at the normal difficulty? I've already been paired up with 3 targets that are nearly, or past the mark of double my game age. I either couldn't land a single hit on those targets, dealing 0 damage if I land hits, or will be taken out by those targets in a couple of hits. If these the targets that we are already expected to meet at easy difficulty, then what hideous monsters are we going to face when the missions difficulty starts to scale upwards? Feedbacks and opinions?
Unbalanced target selection?
Started by HoongZai [1624592] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 92 / 92 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 92
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 46 / 100
- Story score
- 63 / 100
- Engagement score
- 78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Chedburn [1] Admin
· 13 likes ·
This might be a problem for you, because of your incredibly (totally and utterly) unbalanced stats. While different unbalanced stat builds are perfectly adequate and will work fine (and in a lot of cases, actually give you an advantage), you've … - hijoe [1898789]
· 10 likes ·
- Speed:6,194 - Strength:1,073,231 - Defense:177,184,259 - Dexterity:5,449 - Total:178,269,133 Edit: Yes, those are his stats... - Penicillin [1517799] Committee
· 7 likes ·
Game age means nothing. There are 650 day old players with 1 bil stats and 4000 day old players with 50 mil stats. Just try the targets. They are supposed to be somewhat challenging at this stage but still very …
Mentioned in this thread
HoongZai [1624592] ×2
With the introduction of decent target selection that was implemented with the mission going live. The new system is suppose to select targets that will pose a decent challenge to us. Has anyone noticed that most of the selected targets are already way out of league even at the normal difficulty? I've already been paired up with 3 targets that are nearly, or past the mark of double my game age. I either couldn't land a single hit on those targets, dealing 0 damage if I land hits, or will be taken out by those targets in a couple of hits. If these the targets that we are already expected to meet at easy difficulty, then what hideous monsters are we going to face when the missions difficulty starts to scale upwards? Feedbacks and opinions?
Been pretty good for me, some really tricky ones already.
I kind of hope the later ones are really difficult, would be fun to have to work with people for a change. Whether it's helping out friends with hits, or paying a target to unequip etc.
Then again, by the sounds of it the system messes up sometimes, hopefully staff look into it for you guys getting matched with impossibly hard people. I wonder what the cause is? Are your stats balanced? You could always mail your target and ask for their stats to see how screwed you really are ;)
most of mine i'v been able to 1 hit, only had one where I had to boost my stats with a vico to stand a chance
Game age means nothing. There are 650 day old players with 1 bil stats and 4000 day old players with 50 mil stats.
Just try the targets. They are supposed to be somewhat challenging at this stage but still very beatable. Attack when you are not on xanax and use a temp like a flash grenade.
If you think there is a problem then file a bug report but I am confident you will be wrong in your assessment. The target selecting algorithm looks at stats.
on top of that, if you are a level holder, or a stat whore, you are going to have a tough time, because its based on total stats for a fair fight, if you have 800m str, and 1m speed/dex/def of course you are going to lose, and its your fault for training that way
same applies to level holders, they get bonuses and drawbacks to level holding, the drawback here being their lack of health, but a flash bang, to avoid getting hit should solve that
All of my targets have atleast went inactive ranging from a month to over a year. But the stats that they have built up is enough to crush me and my self esteem.
Taken your advise to use temp but it didn't work out for me. Guess it's back to the training to strengthen my stats.
Well I had to take a few vicodins for some of the wins. For some, I had to waste as much as 100+ e and I have done only 6. Wonder how much harder the future ones will be.
I haven't had a huge problem at all myself. I had one challenging opponent where it was scary for a minute. the only missions I didn't care for were the ones where you had to hosp 3 times. so it was either wait 10-12+ hours to complete or revive. other than that I think it works out pretty well.
maybe there is more to it than just stats. perhaps there is gear vs gear factors to consider. dunno with the information given thus far.
what i can say from testing it for several months
i had realitively no problems at all, in the harder difficulities i got to
i think 2-3 targets i couldnt beat on xanax, beat them off xanax
and 1 target i didnt try because i knew i couldnt beat him as i had tried before during wars
Train more.
Nearly all of my missions have been easy maybe 2 closeish fights.
This might be a problem for you, because of your incredibly (totally and utterly) unbalanced stats. While different unbalanced stat builds are perfectly adequate and will work fine (and in a lot of cases, actually give you an advantage), you've only focused on one stat to the extreme (I'm not sure I've seen anything like it before).
We've done our best to cater to these situations, but if you disclose your stats here, I'm sure others will agree. You will be exceptional in that field during mission fights however.
DUDE WHAT ARE HIS STATS
If hes nearly all 1 stat he will be useless in most fights so it doesnt matter which stat he has whored.
All the cool kids whore strength. But i have seen others who whore the other 3 stats as well. Not as many as the strength junkies though.
Holding at such a low level already limits you in the 1st place. You can level up to start with or just ignore missions.
Mission targets are tough, but you don't necessarily have to take a target down by yourself alone, that's the fun of it.
Honestly looking forward to the harder challenges.
Based on Ched's comments it sounds like it may be rather hard, but there are other options for you also. Get some friends to help attack with you, or hire some mercenaries in trade chat to help. The more you have attacking, the more difficult it is for you to lose to your opponent.
easy targets -- im just about -70% stats from addiction and xanax and still easily kill all of these wuss bags.
just might need a flash bang here or there but easy overall.
Almost all mine were very challenging, wasting much e on multiple attacks. But that was due to my low HP :(
#LevelHoldersNeedMissionsToo
Some were easy, some were more difficult. Would have sucked if it was one static type. I enjoyed it and don't see a need to change them. This is a nice addition so far. Keep it coming!
I've been lucky enough to only get matched with unbalanced players.
#levelholdersneedtostoplevelholding